Living With War--- Neil Young

  • SoulQuest7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 1:48 AM
      http://neilyoung.com/

      Go to this link and Neil Young's powerful new anti-war album LIVING WITH WAR
      will play in its entirety. Don't try to navigate to the rest of Neil's site or
      the album will stop playing and you'll have to start again from the
      beginning. It's a masterful effort by Neil and is destined to become a classic social
      protest album. --==-=- om=--=-= Nick
      Young is the first rocker to create an entire album protesting the war, and
      his is the most explicit and incendiary. "I was waiting for someone to come
      along, some young singer eighteen to twenty-two years old, to write these songs
      and stand up," Young told the Los Angeles Times. "I waited a long time. Then I
      decided that maybe the generation that has to do this is still the Sixties
      generation."
      <A HREF="http://neilyoung.com/lww/neilyounginterviewrs.html">Rolling Stone
      Journalistic Process Revealed</A>
    • progluvr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30 6:12 AM
        In a message dated 4/30/2006 9:50:05 A.M. GMT Standard Time, SoulQuest7@... writes:
        Go to this link and Neil Young's powerful new anti-war album LIVING WITH WAR
        will play in its entirety. Don't try to navigate to the rest of Neil's site or
        the album will stop playing and you'll have to start again from the
        beginning. It's a masterful effort by Neil and is destined to become a classic social
        protest album.  --==-=- om=--=-= Nick
        Young is the first rocker to create an entire album protesting the war, and
        his is the most explicit and incendiary. "I was waiting for someone to come
        along, some young singer eighteen to twenty-two years old, to write these songs
        and stand up," Young told the Los Angeles Times. "I waited a long time. Then I
        decided that maybe the generation that has to do this is still the Sixties
        generation."
        I've liked his music since I heard it while in high school in the late 60's.  Never got to see him perform live, but I now have tickets to the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young show here in August and I'm hoping they will so some of his solo stuff.  In fact, I believe they plan on playing some from this new album of his.  I can't wait!  Thanks for this info, I'm going to check it out now.

        Deb S.
        "The Prog-Rock Diner"  12-2pm Sundays EST
        ProgDay!  www.progday.com

        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2006
           I've never seen CSN with young, but the two times I saw CSN without him they were very good.

          Steve Sly
          ProgDay 2006
          (NP - Illuvatar - Illuvatar)