Re: [ProgAndOther] Digest Number 2641

  • rich mueller
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
      On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:24:30 -0800 (PST) Scott Orth <sdorth@...>
      writes:

      > Chris' voice is pretty amazing. He's the best screamer for my
      > money, just check out Badmotorfinger. He does get a bit whiny
      > sometimes, especially on Audioslave, but it doesn't bother me.
      > Given the state of a lot vocalists in prog (not that he's "prog"),
      > Chris is easy on the ears. The one thing about his singing that has
      > really amazed me is that I've never heard him sing well live. All
      > of the recordings I've heard of him sing live range from atrocious
      > to merely adequate. Nothing like his recordings.

      Speaking of Cornel and 'prog' vocalist, whatever happened to his brother
      Peter who was fronting the band (Somnambulist?) that bailed on Nearfest?
      I am guessing because since he had a famous brother he was moving on to
      greener pastures.

      Always did like CCornel but not enough of a rage fan to spend cash on the
      Audioslave stuff (although Tom Morello has done some neat things with
      that Whammy pedal, i think he's kind of overrated). For rock soopergroops
      my money's on Velvet Revolver.

      rich
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
        In a message dated 2/6/2006 10:09:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, progholio@... writes:
        Speaking of Cornel and 'prog' vocalist, whatever happened to his brother
        Peter who was fronting the band (Somnambulist?) that bailed on Nearfest?
        I have no clue, he seemed to just disappear off the face of the earth.  Somnambulist is back together with a new vocalist.  I know they have played a few gigs around Tennessee and I think are working on new stuff.

        Steve Sly
        Progday 2006
        (NP - Robert Plant - Mighty Rearranger)