Re: LTE II

  • Bob Eichler / Michele Matthews
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 1999
      In the last digest, "Ganger, Charles A" <charles.ganger@...> wrote:

      >Well Bob, I finally picked up LTE I. Awesome CD; but I'm a bit surprised
      >you like it. This thing is awfully melodic.... What gives?
      >
      >Chuck
      >
      >:) :) :)

      (Notice how the quote character turns that smiley all evil looking? ;-)

      Hey, I never said I don't like melodic music. In fact, I like plenty
      of melodic music, including a lot of stuff that many people don't
      consider "melodic" by symphonic-prog standards. Just because I get
      into the avante guard stuff doesn't mean I can't enjoy a nice early
      Genesis song every now and again. :-)

      Anyway, about LTE - it sounds to me like it's basically Dream Theater
      without the vocals, which works well for me since I find DT's vocalist
      annoying enough to ruin what is otherwise great music. Plus having
      Levin on bass adds a nice Crimsonesque touch here and there...

      -- Bob "Bice" Eichler, running on five hours sleep X-(
    • Jason Bozarth ... The Master
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 1999
        --- Bob Eichler / Michele Matthews <eichler@...>
        > >next will be liquid tension experiment ii
        >
        > Is that out already? I'll have to look for it...

        is it as good as the first one? if so, I will have to
        get it.

        ===
      • Eric Baillargeon
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 1999
          There is a review of Liquid Tension Experiment II located
          here http://www.dailyvault.com/

          Eric

          NP. Marillion - Script for a Jester' Tear