Re: [ProgAndOther] What a year for old farts (was Cream on PBS)

  • rich mueller
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      I saw this last night. At first things looked like they could have been a
      little shakey but once these guys got warmed up they played like they
      were on fire. Jack Bruce's voice sounded much better than I expected,
      Ginger Baker played like the rock'n'roll equivelent to Elvin Jones, and
      Clapton, well, I'll just say now he is called "fasterhand" Clapton. Only
      real dissapointment was now wah pedal on White Room? I think I will end
      up with the dvd.
      Any guitar geeks out there who can elaborate on the gear Clapton is using
      these days, mainly what guitar pickups (fender noisless i think) and what
      he is using for distorion?

      While on the subject of old timers, I have to say that Paul McCartney's
      Chaos and Creation in the Backyard gets my vote for album of the year.
      The Stones new one has been getting a lot of action in my cd player as
      well. I am pretty skeptical of any new Who material that is said to be in
      the works.

      rich

      On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 05:59:02 -0500 pete <marabus@...> writes:
      > Scott,
      > How was it?I checked our 2 local pbs stations(Boston)and thery
      > weren't
      > playing it.
      > Pete
      >
      > Scott Storey wrote:
      >
      > > Anybody interested in seeing the Cream reunion at the Royal Albert
      > > should check your local listing for PBS. It�s on here at 7pm and
      > then
      > > encored at 9pm CST. My guess is it�s pledge time again.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > -sds

      > --------------------~-->
      > Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for
      > Good!
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/rG9bLB/dnQLAA/n1hLAA/jGKolB/TM

    • pete
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        Rich,
        Below is the link for all official reunion news;it does list the equipment.
        Pete

        http://www.cream2005.com/thereunion.lasso

        rich mueller wrote:

        >Any guitar geeks out there who can elaborate on the gear Clapton is using
        >these days, mainly what guitar pickups (fender noisless i think) and what
        >he is using for distorion?

        rich

      • rich mueller
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hey Pete,

          thanks for the link. Wow, that is a pretty sparse set up for a gig of
          that magnitude. I have a hard time believing that Clapton got all of his
          distorted tones straight from the '57 Fender Tweed amps but anything is
          possible.
          Something I forgot to mention my original post relating to the
          performance, there was definitely some mojo between the guys when they
          went off into extended jams that i don't think Clapton has experienced
          since Cream's earlier days, it was very cool.

          rich