Re: Tribute Bands (was Aussie Floyd)

  • kream5
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2005
      Watched the Aussie Pink Floyd concert on PBS a couple of weeks ago with
      my wife and 16 year old son, who digs the Floyd but has never seen
      them. He liked it, but me and the wife, who have seen the real deal,
      were underwhelmed; we were similarly underwhelmed by TMB at the NF pre-
      show. A tribute band we LOVE, however, is Project/Object, the FZ unit
      fronted by Ike Willis and Napoleon Murphy Brock (and featuring
      Northstar's Glenn Leonard on the skins.) We've seen 'em twice in the
      past year and were blown away. I was also amused by Dave Cousin's
      introducing the acoustic Strawbs at the show I attended recently by
      stating, " Yes, we really are Strawbs, not some old geezers in a
      tribute band."

      Rick in Northampton (MA)