Re: [ProgAndOther] Tribute Bands (was Aussie Floyd)

  • rich mueller
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2005
      > There is a Beatle band with Late Nite's Will Lee and someone from
      > Conan
      > O'Brien's band called Faux Four- this one concentrates on the later
      > psychedelic period of the Beatles without the funny dress up or role
      > playing.

      oops, i correct myself, the are called The Fab Faux.

      rich
    • kream5
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2005
        Watched the Aussie Pink Floyd concert on PBS a couple of weeks ago with
        my wife and 16 year old son, who digs the Floyd but has never seen
        them. He liked it, but me and the wife, who have seen the real deal,
        were underwhelmed; we were similarly underwhelmed by TMB at the NF pre-
        show. A tribute band we LOVE, however, is Project/Object, the FZ unit
        fronted by Ike Willis and Napoleon Murphy Brock (and featuring
        Northstar's Glenn Leonard on the skins.) We've seen 'em twice in the
        past year and were blown away. I was also amused by Dave Cousin's
        introducing the acoustic Strawbs at the show I attended recently by
        stating, " Yes, we really are Strawbs, not some old geezers in a
        tribute band."

        Rick in Northampton (MA)