Genesis Reunion

  • pete
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
      I got this post from the mellotron list;I know we've all heard it before but just maybe?
      Pete

      Is a Genesis reunion in the works? Former guitarist Steve Hackett says it is indeed. Hackett, who was in the band in from 1971 to 1977, told us that overtures are being made about getting the progressive rock group back together at some point: "There's something afoot. There's a move afoot to put us together again. At some point there's a reformation mooted. It's rare that I get a call from Genesis management, very rare these days. So maybe something will happen, you know."

      Hackett said the reunion would include original singer Peter Gabriel, drummer-vocalist Phil Collins, guitarist-bassist Mike Rutherford, and keyboardist Tony Banks. Nothing specific has been arranged yet, however.

    • pete
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2006
        Go this from the PRRP list.
        Pete

        1a. Genesis reunion
        Posted by: "fultonjones" cmarkj@... fultonjones
        Date: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:10 am (PDT)

        Just a snippet of info for those who are interested. Trans-Siberian
        Orchestra is now in rehersals for their 2006 tour (both East and
        West). Chris Caffery, the guitarist for the East group is keeping an
        on-line diary of the rehersals and tour. Here is a portion of his
        diary from 10-13-06:

        Band sounjds great. We are very close to being ready to play after 4
        days. Genesis is rehearsing where we are. I keep bumping into Phil
        Collins and Mike Rutherford! They are really nice people.

        Anyone heard what kind of reunion this is?
      • Jon Byrne
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2006
          At 07:55 PM 10/16/2006, pete wrote:
          >Anyone heard what kind of reunion this is?

          There was an item in a British gossip column that was on the Genesis
          newsgroup to the effect that the Mike-Tony-Phil version of the band
          was getting ready for a new tour. Supposedly Gabriel followed up
          with his traditional "not this year" position. No word on
          Hackett. As I recall, nobody was quite sure if this was reliable info or not.

          Jonathan Byrne
          Infinity Ranch: http://infinityranch.blogspot.com
          "[y]ou are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence."
          - Time Bandits
          "Debbie, we're going to need some law books. With pictures this time."
          - Harvery Birdman, Attorney-at-Law
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2006
            Everything I have read indicates it will be Phil, Mike, and Tony version of the band.

            Steve Sly
            (NP - Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny And Mutation)