iron butterfly

  • Eric Baillargeon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 1999
      MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - Coroner's officials have examined
      the skeletal remains that may belong to former Iron Butterfly
      bass player Philip ''Taylor'' Kramer, who disappeared four
      years ago.

      By Associated Press, 06/01/99 09:44

      MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - Coroner's officials have examined
      the skeletal remains that may belong to former Iron Butterfly
      bass player Philip ''Taylor'' Kramer, who disappeared four
      years ago.

      Positive identification of the remains was pending, Los Angeles
      County coroner's spokesman Dan Machian said.

      Hikers found the skeleton late Saturday inside a wrecked 1993
      Ford Aerostar van in the bottom of a ravine. The van matched the
      description of the vehicle Kramer was driving when he
      disappeared on Feb. 12, 1995.

      ''We're still hoping that it might not be my brother, but we feel
      with the van and everything it may be,'' said Kathy Kramer, the
      musician's sister. ''We're just waiting for confirmation right now
      and even though we've been wanting to know what happened, it's
      still a major shock.''

      Kramer, who was 42 when he disappeared, joined Iron Butterfly
      as a singer and bass player in 1975, during an attempt to revive the
      band. The group had had its biggest hit, the 17-minute
      ''In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida,'' in 1969 and then broke up in 1971.

      Kramer went on to work in aerospace and later became involved
      in interactive media. At the time of his disappearance, he was chief
      technology officer at Total Multimedia in suburban Newbury Park.

      He later worked in the aerospace industry and at the time of his
      disappearance, was chief technology officer at Total Multimedia in
      suburban Newbury Park.