Progday XI - White Willow To Perform

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
      ProgDay is pleased to host a performance by one of the world's foremost modern Progressive rock bands, Norway's White Willow!

      White Willow burst onto the progressive scene in 1995 with one of the most Critically lauded debut albums of the decade, "Ignis Fatuus." Ten years later, with the dark and emotionally charged "Storm Season," White Willow continue to display the novel blend of folk, classical and hard, gothic rock that has become their trademark--an uncompromising sound that is uniquely their own.

      With primary songwriter and guitarist Jacob Holm-Lupo at the helm, the music of White Willow juxtaposes delicate acoustic guitar and flute passages alongside hard-hitting, powerful symphonic progressive rock. The often melancholy feel of their music is accentuated by plenty of authentic analog keyboards (including Mellotron) and ethereal female vocals.

      Veterans of ProgFest '95, NEARfest '01 and countless shows in between, White Willow continue to astound listeners and audiences worldwide and are certain to do the same at Storybook Farm in 2005.

      White Willow is the latest addition to a ProgDay roster that also includes Nektar, Happy the Man, Helmet of Gnats and Far Corner. Stay tuned for more band and ticket announcements in the coming weeks!

      Held September 3rd and 4th, 2005 at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, ProgDay is the world's longest-running progressive rock festival, offering two days of sun, fun and the very best in adventurous rock music. Be sure to visit www.ProgDay.com for more details on ProgDay XI, including White Willow mp3s and the latest ticket information.
    • Roy DeRousse
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
        This is excellent news! I attended both their ProgFest '95 and NEARfest '01
        shows, and each show was a highlight of the fest for me. I am really looking
        forward to seeing them again!

        --
        Have fun!

        Roy DeRousse
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
          >>This is excellent news!  I attended both their ProgFest '95 and NEARfest '01
          shows, and each show was a highlight of the fest for me.  I am really looking
          forward to seeing them again!<<

          Personally I thought "Storm Season" was one of the best albums of 2004.  I like the "heavier" sound that they have employed although they still have retained some of the folksy elements that they are famous for.

          Steve Sly
          Progday XI
          (NP - IQ - The Wake)
        • rich mueller
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
            This is a very exciting addition to an already great lineup of bands.
            Will WW have the same personnel as on the Storm Season album?

            rich

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2005
              Rich,

              No, there have been some changes.  You might want to check their web site for all the information.

              Steve Sly
              Progday XI
              (NP - Fleetwood Mac - Say You Will)

              ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> <FONT COLOR="#000099">Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! </FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/pKxVKC/UOnJAA/n1hLAA/jGKolB/TM"><B>Click Here!</B></A> --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> --- The "Prog and Other" Mailing List - To Unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: ProgAndOther-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/