Rosfest?

    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2005
      So.......how was it?

      Steve Sly
      Progday XI
      (NP - Kenso - Esoptron)
    • Greg Hall
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2005
        I just got in the door 30 minutes ago.  All I'll say for now is "WOW!"  I'll post more later tonight or tomorrow.

        Greg

        NP:  Progaid

        stevesly@... wrote:
        So.......how was it?

        Steve Sly
        Progday XI
        (NP - Kenso - Esoptron)

        ---
        The "Prog and Other" Mailing List -
        To Unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2006
          Scott and Greg,

          So what did you think?

          Steve Sly
          ProgDay 2006
          http://www.progday.com
        • Greg Hall
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2006
            Steve,

            As far as the music goes, Magic Pie and Karmakanic absolutely blew me away.  They were right up there with the "best live performances" that I've witnessed.  The other bands were all enjoyable.  The Watch was a surprise for me as they combined Genesis-inspired music with some great theatrics.

            Regarding the social side of things, he town has grown and added several very nice restaurants and bars for killing time between bands.  The weather was great to boot too.  The only downer was Scott and I getting nabbed by the PD for having open cups of Hefeweizen Friday night (fortunately just a warning).

            Greg

            stevesly@... wrote:
            Scott and Greg,

            So what did you think?

            Steve Sly
            ProgDay 2006
            http://www.progday.com

          • Scott Orth
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2006
              Greg summed it up pretty well, but I'll add a few comments.

              Karmakanic and Magie Pie were my favorites.  The compositions and performance just did it for me.  The Watch, Pallas, and Satellite were also enjoyable.

              The sound suffered a bit on Friday and Saturday, but was good on Sunday.  It was mainly a low end thing: couldn't hear the bass and the kick drum was gutless.

              The patron's party on Saturday night was a blast.  The bands put up some pretty good throw together tunes on the limited equipment they had to play with.  Most notably, Jonas and Christer (sp?) from Karmakanic and the drummer from Harmony in Diversity did some really tasty stuff including a wonderful rendition of a Beatles tune whose name escapes me at the moment.

              Apart from officer Barbrady, the general feel of the weekend was very positive.  The town has certainly grown a bit.  There was no lack of places to eat or grab a drink when necessary.  In fact, I'd say the town is better equipped for the festival than I remember Bethehem being for NEARfest.  That may have changed since I haven't been there since 2004.  BTW, if you're a beer lover, you'll love Phoenixville.  There's a brewery right next to the venue that due to be finished in July, there's the Sly Fox brewery a short drive away which has great brews, the Epicurian resturant with a hundred or so beers available and the two bars nears the venue had decent beers as well.

              Overall it was a very enjoyable weekend.  I'll have to say that I definitely felt the absence of my ProgAndOther friends, though.  Maybe they'll come next year or maybe, just maybe, I can make it to Progday this year.

              Scott

              ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com wrote:
              There are 4 messages in this issue.

              Topics in this digest:

              1. Rosfest?
              From: stevesly@...
              2. Re: Rosfest?
              From: Greg Hall
              3. Re: best live album ever
              From: pete
              4. Re: best live album ever
              From: "Robert Marone"

              Message: 1
              Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 02:24:13 -0400
              From: stevesly@...
              Subject: Rosfest?

              Scott and Greg,

              So what did you think?

              Steve Sly
              ProgDay 2006
              http://www.progday.com

              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2006
                Sounds like a great time.  I have to get there one of these years.

                Steve Sly
                ProgDay 2006
                http://www.progday.com

                From: stevesly@...