FROGG CAFÉ MAY NEWSLETTER

  • Andy Sussman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      FROGG CAFÉ MAY NEWSLETTER

      Hello Friends!

      We'll I can't believe I'm saying this but…it's done! Our 3rd studio
      album "Fortunate Observer of Time" is now in the very capable hands
      of Andreas Meyer being mastered at Sony in NYC. If everything goes
      smoothly it should be at the printers (New Song Media in California)
      in about a week and the in our grubby little hands 2 weeks after that
      or less. Shawn Gordon at ProgRock records will be announcing the pre-
      sale date very soon.

      1. Tour Dates – new shows added including CD release party!
      2. Ed Mann leaps into the Abyss
      3. Merch – only 8 shopping months left!
      4. Quick Frogg Links

      1. TOUR DATES (New shows added!)
      http://www.froggcafe.com/live.html for venue details

      Please come out and support live original music, it's the most
      important thing you can do for a band.

      **NEW SHOW ADDED**
      Saturday May 7 – DOWNTOWN Farmingdale, NY – 2:00-7:00pm
      This is an Infusion Long Island Art Event to benefit the American Red
      Cross. Every band gets to play for 20-30 minutes so we'll be there
      to support a good cause. The Froggs go on at 3:20pm and will be
      fronted by our good friend Neil Cavanagh, Nick has a schedule
      conflict that day. When Neil sat in with us at NewEARS it was a
      blast. This will be a jammin' set, come on out. Lots of other great
      bands all for 10 bucks. This is an All Ages show.
      Address: 190 Main Street, Farmingdale, NY 11735 (516) 293-7700
      Web: http://www.thedowntown.com http://www.infusionli.com

      Sunday May 29 – LION D'OR Montreal, QC – 7:30pm
      w/ Karcius http://www.karcius.com/
      This venue has unbelievably good sound and a great vibe all around.
      It's time for another road trip, get your tickets today! Come on
      folks, this is a 3 day weekend…you'll be recovered by Tuesday.
      TICKETS ON SALE AT: http://www.ticketpro.ca
      Scroll down to Frogg Café or do a search just for the word "Frogg".
      Café messes up the search engine because of the jaunty accent…

      Saturday June 11 – FORUM THEATRE Metuchen, NJ – 7:30pm
      Opening for Proto-Kaw w/ Kerry Livgren of Kansas!
      Another amazing live experience thanks to Jim Robinson and the NJ
      Proghouse Series! It is a huge honor for us to be on the same stage
      as these guys, we're big fans.
      TICKETS ON SALE AT: http://www.njproghouse.com

      Sunday June 12 – THE BREWERY EXCHANGE - Lowell, MA
      w/ Proto-Kaw and Fluttr http://www.fluttr.com/ (Check this band out,
      I love their music!)
      This is a special show sponsored by our good friends at:
      NewEARS (New England Art Rock Society) http://newears.org/
      Address: 201 Cabot Street. Lowell, MA
      For Tickets Call between 12-5pm: (978) 937-2690
      Tickets are $30 each

      **NEW SHOW ADDED**
      Tuesday June 28 – O'BRIEN'S PUB - Allston, MA
      We chose this venue because our good friends in FLUTTR play here all
      the time. 2 Mass gigs in one month, I might have to buy a BoSOX cap.

      **NEW SHOW ADDED**
      Wednesday June 29 – NECTAR'S – Burlington, VT
      We're excited to be playing in Phishland where the Magic Hat is fresh
      and the grooves are super crunchy! This is going to be a fun night,
      come on out!

      **NEW SHOW ADDED – CD RELEASE PARTY**
      Thursday June 30 – KENNY'S CASTAWAYS – NYC, NY - 9pm
      You're invited to help us celebrate the release of our new
      CD "Fortunate Observer of Time". We have some special surprises
      planned for this night!

      Saturday July 9 – NEARFEST (North East Art Rock Festival)
      NEARFEST is the mothership of all festivals, we're thrilled to be
      invited to perform! Thanks to Rob and Chad for having us.
      http://www.nearfest.com

      Saturday Sept 10 – PROG IN THE PARK FESTIVAL 2005 – Rochester, NY
      w/ Red Sand, Navigator, Color and Talea and The Waiting Room (awesome
      Genesis Tribute band!)
      Check out http://www.prog90.com for details!

      2. ED MANN LEAPS INTO THE ABYSS

      We are excited to announce that Ed Mann (Frank Zappa's percussionist)
      recorded marimba, vibes and percussion tracks on the Frogg Café
      song "Abyss of Dissension" on our new CD! It was a huge honor having
      Ed sit in with us at Zappanale Festival in Germany and for him to
      take the time to record our own original music is beyond words for
      us. Thanks Ed, you're awesome!

      3. MERCH, DARLINK

      Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising (said in Mel Brooks voice)

      The new Froggs shirts have arrived. They are light blue with
      the "Noodles" cover frog playing guitar on the front and the Dr. Mac
      quote "…look out for the dingoes" on the back. Available in sizes M,
      L, XL, XXL.

      Please REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL if you'd like to order one. Low tech, I
      know…we are working on having a merch section on the website soon.

      NOODLES (Frogg improv CD from 2002) is available for download at:
      http://www.mindawn.com/

      Or if you'd like to have the actual CD, reply to this e-mail. We
      just got another batch in.

      4. QUICK FROGG LINKS

      ProgRock Records: http://www.progrockrecords.com
      (PS Check out the new Little Atlas CD "Wanderlust", Bill Ayasse takes
      a violin solo on one of the tracks. We love this band, they are
      great musicians!)

      Well that's it for now, hope to see you out there at a show!

      All the Best,
      Andy Sussman for Frogg Café
      http://www.froggcafe.com