Nektar To Headline Progday XI

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 7:55 AM
      Subject: Progressive Legends Nektar to Headline ProgDay 2005

      The eleventh incarnation of Chapel Hill, NC's ProgDay festival begins its
      band announcement process with a bang;  legendary progressive act Nektar
      will headline ProgDay 2005.

      One of the most beloved progressive rock outfits of the 1970s, with a string
      of gold albums to their credit,
      Nektar's 2000 reformation was met with jubilation by fans and critics alike.
      Since then, they've been exceedingly busy, releasing two well-reviewed
      albums and touring across the globe, leaving a vast number of slack-jawed
      converts in their wake.

      Led by guitar maestro Roye Albrighton and featuring a driving mixture of
      psychedelic and progressive rock, Nektar rank among the upper echelon of
      adventurous rock music. From the psychedelic Krautrock of 1971's "Journey to
      the Center of the Eye" to the symphonic majesty of 1975's "Recycled" to the
      progressive "Evolution" that is their latest release, Nektar consistently
      deliver the imaginative and inspired listening experience that is the
      hallmark of any true progressive legend.

      Their celebrated live show is legendary in its own right.  Long regarded as
      one of the best live shows in the
      business, Nektar hasn't lost a step since their mid-70s heyday, and the
      demanding touring schedule of the last few years has honed their emotional
      and dramatic performances to perfection.

      As ProgDay enters its second decade of existence, the organizers are proud
      to bring this exceptional live act to
      the Storybook Farm stage.

      The world's longest-running progressive rock festival, ProgDay offers two
      days of sun, fun and the world's best
      adventurous rock music. Be sure to visit www.ProgDay.com for more details,
      including Nektar mp3s and the latest ticket information which will be appearing soon.

      Steve Sly
      Progday XI
      (Text written by Mike Thaxton)

    • Greg Hall
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2005

        Great pick.  I'm sure there will be lots of folks fired up about seeing Nektar.

        Greg

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2005
          In a message dated 5/2/2005 5:39:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, motorcityprogger@... writes:
          >>Great pick.  I'm sure there will be lots of folks fired up about seeing Nektar.<<

          We sure hope so!

          Steve Sly
          Progday XI
          (NP - Kenso - Esoptron)