Frogg Cafe Live in 2005

  • Andy Sussman
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 10, 2005
      Happy New Year, friends! Please come out and support live original
      music, we can't do it without you! Many more dates TBA soon!

      FROGG CAFE LIVE
      http://www.froggcafe.com/live.html for venue details

      Friday 1/14 - The Lion's Den, NYC - 8:30pm sharp
      opening for The Dude of Life, 40th birthday bash

      Saturday 1/29 - Katonah Grill, Katonah, NY - 11pm 2 BIG SETS!

      Friday 2/11 - Mr. Beery's, Bethpage, NY - 9:30pm
      w/ Moodras (great jam/prog band)

      Thursday 2/24 - Kenny's Castaway, NYC - 10pm
      w/ The Cause 9pm

      Friday 2/25 - NewEARS Progressive Rock Series, Lowell MA - 9pm 3 BIG
      SETS!
      w/ Neil Cavanagh 8pm

      Saturday 3/19 - Forum Lounge, Kingston, NY - 10pm

      Saturday 7/9 - Northeast Art Rock Festival (NEARFEST), Bethlehem, PA

      We had a great time at Trax Tavern Friday night, it was a crazy time,
      here's the set list:

      Soundcheck:
      Jam->Call Any Vegetable->Jam

      SET I:
      FOT
      You're Still Sleeping
      Space Dust
      King Kong->Tweezer Reprise Jam->
      Questions Without Answers
      Dog Breath Variations

      SET II:
      All This Time
      Abyss of Dissension
      Eternal Optimist
      Creatures->
      Rotation Jam*

      * Sussman on guitar, Steve Uh on keyboards, Nick on bass

      HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT THERE!!

      Peace,
      Suss, Monk, Ruh, Old Man and Head
      http://www.froggcafe.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2005
        --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Sussman" <asussman@o...>
        wrote:

        > Happy New Year, friends! Please come out and support live original
        > music, we can't do it without you! Many more dates TBA soon!
        >
        > We had a great time at Trax Tavern Friday night, it was a crazy
        > time, here's the set list:
        >
        > Soundcheck:
        > Jam->Call Any Vegetable->Jam
        >
        > SET I:
        > FOT
        > You're Still Sleeping
        > Space Dust
        > King Kong->Tweezer Reprise Jam->
        > Questions Without Answers
        > Dog Breath Variations

        Damn, three Zappa songs with some Phish mixed in there for
        good measure. I'm going to have to check this band out.
        I don't think I'm going to hit NEARFest this year...hopefully
        you guys can play an Orion show or something.

        -- Bob "Bice" Eichler
      • rich mueller
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2005
          I would highly recommend getting a copy of Creatures by these guys, a
          very enjoyable disc.

          rich

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2005
            >>Damn, three Zappa songs with some Phish mixed in there for
            good measure. I'm going to have to check this band out.
            I don't think I'm going to hit NEARFest this year...hopefully
            you guys can play an Orion show or something.<<

            I haven't seen them live yet, but I have the "Creatures" album which I think is great.

            Steve Sly
            (NP - Radiohead - Hail To The Thief)
          • marabus
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 12, 2005
              Rich,
              I'll 2nd that and their first one is no slouch either!
              Pete

              rich mueller wrote:
              > I would highly recommend getting a copy of Creatures by these guys, a
              > very enjoyable disc.
              >
              > rich
              >
              > On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:39:27 -0000 "biceeichler" <eichler@...>
              > writes:
              > >

              > > --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Sussman" <asussman@o...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Happy New Year, friends! Please come out and support live
              > > original
              > > > music, we can't do it without you! Many more dates TBA soon!
              > > >
              > > > We had a great time at Trax Tavern Friday night, it was a crazy
              > > > time, here's the set list:
              > > >
              > > > Soundcheck:
              > > > Jam->Call Any Vegetable->Jam
              > > >
              > > > SET I:
              > > > FOT
              > > > You're Still Sleeping
              > > > Space Dust
              > > > King Kong->Tweezer Reprise Jam->
              > > > Questions Without Answers
              > > > Dog Breath Variations
              > >
              > > Damn, three Zappa songs with some Phish mixed in there for
              > > good measure. I'm going to have to check this band out.
              > > I don't think I'm going to hit NEARFest this year...hopefully
              > > you guys can play an Orion show or something.
              > >
              > > -- Bob "Bice" Eichler

              > ---
              > The "Prog and Other" Mailing List -
              > To Unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/

            • rich mueller
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 12, 2005
                I agree Pete, the first one is excellent as well. I was just thinking
                that anyone curious about the Frogg should start with Creatures, it
                surpasses the 1st in every way (sound quality, writing, performance). I
                am really looking forward to the new one.

                rich

                On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 05:38:02 -0500 marabus <marabus@...> writes:

                > Rich,
                > I'll 2nd that and their first one is no slouch either!
                > Pete
                >
                > rich mueller wrote:
                > > I would highly recommend getting a copy of Creatures by these
                > guys, a
                > > very enjoyable disc.
                > >
                > > rich
                > >
                > > On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:39:27 -0000 "biceeichler"
                > <eichler@...>
                > > writes:
                > > >

                > > > --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Sussman"
                > <asussman@o...>

                > > > original

                > crazy

                > > > Damn, three Zappa songs with some Phish mixed in there for
                > > > good measure. I'm going to have to check this band out.
                > > > I don't think I'm going to hit NEARFest this year...hopefully
                > > > you guys can play an Orion show or something.
                > > >
                > > > -- Bob "Bice" Eichler

                > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                > > >

                > > ---
                > > The "Prog and Other" Mailing List -
                > > To Unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/

                > --------------------~-->
                > What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
                > Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/rKxVKC/SOnJAA/n1hLAA/jGKolB/TM

              • Jim Robinson
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 13, 2005
                  Jesus Bob they play at the Proghouse at least twice a year.
                  :-)

                  Peace-
                  Jim

                  wrote:

                  Happy New Year, friends!  Please come out and support live original
                  music, we can't do it without you!  Many more dates TBA soon!

                  We had a great time at Trax Tavern Friday night, it was a crazy
                  time, here's the set list:

                  Soundcheck:
                  Jam->Call Any Vegetable->Jam

                  SET I:
                  FOT
                  You're Still Sleeping
                  Space Dust
                  King Kong->Tweezer Reprise Jam->
                  Questions Without Answers
                  Dog Breath Variations

                  Damn, three Zappa songs with some Phish mixed in there for
                  good measure.  I'm going to have to check this band out.
                  I don't think I'm going to hit NEARFest this year...hopefully
                  you guys can play an Orion show or something.

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/rKxVKC/SOnJAA/n1hLAA/jGKolB/TM

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Jim Robinson
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
                    Frogg Cafe will be opening for Proto-Kaw at the njproghouse June 11th.

                    Should be a nice little show.

                    Peace-
                    Jim

                    http://www.njproghouse.com

                    writes:

                     > --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Sussman"

                    <asussman@o...>

                     > wrote:
                     > >
                     > > Happy New Year, friends!  Please come out and support live
                     > original
                     > > music, we can't do it without you!  Many more dates TBA soon!
                     > >
                     > > We had a great time at Trax Tavern Friday night, it was a

                    crazy

                     > > time, here's the set list:
                     > >
                     > > Soundcheck:
                     > > Jam->Call Any Vegetable->Jam
                     > >
                     > > SET I:
                     > > FOT
                     > > You're Still Sleeping
                     > > Space Dust
                     > > King Kong->Tweezer Reprise Jam->
                     > > Questions Without Answers
                     > > Dog Breath Variations
                     >
                     > Damn, three Zappa songs with some Phish mixed in there for
                     > good measure.  I'm going to have to check this band out.
                     > I don't think I'm going to hit NEARFest this year...hopefully
                     > you guys can play an Orion show or something.
                     >
                     >    -- Bob "Bice" Eichler

                     > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    ---

                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/pKxVKC/UOnJAA/n1hLAA/jGKolB/TM

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 14, 2005
                      Nice job on this one Jim!
                      Man, if I lived about 800 miles closer you'd see me at all of these
                      shows.

                      rich

                    • Jim Robinson
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 19, 2005
                        Thanks Rich.

                        I am still amazed at the folks who travel to our shows from as far away as Harrisburg PA, Albany NY, Burlington VT etc.   That seems pretty wild to me as it is.  Thanks again.

                        Peace-
                        Jim

                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/c9hWNA/3MnJAA/n1hLAA/jGKolB/TM

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/