Discus

  • Peter Renfro
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      I did receive a note from Iwan Hasan two days ago, but it was in my spam folder and I did not have a chance to read it before I accidently erased all messages in that folder. I've been at home ever since, so haven't had access to my e-mail address book. At this time all I can report is Iwan is at least still alive.

      Peter <prognerd@...>
    • progluvr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
        In a message dated 1/1/2005 8:14:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, prognerd@... writes:
        I did receive a note from Iwan Hasan two days ago, but it was in my spam folder and I did not have a chance to read it before I accidently erased all messages in that folder.   I've been at home ever since, so haven't had access to my e-mail address book.  At this time all I can report is Iwan is at least still alive.
        Peter, thanks for letting me know this!  I hope the rest of them are ok as well.

        Deb S.
        "The Prog-Rock Diner"
        www.fcac.org (WEBR)
        ProgDay!
        www.progday.com
      • CuneiWay@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
          Hi Deb,

          I hadn't thought of Discus. I hope that they are ok too...

          Sad thought: When is anything ever discussed here 'highly regarded' by ANY
          government...?

          :-(

          Steve

        • progluvr@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
            In a message dated 1/1/2005 1:43:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, CuneiWay@... writes:
            I hadn't thought of Discus. I hope that they are ok too...

            Sad thought: When is anything ever discussed here 'highly regarded' by ANY
            government...?

            :-(

            Steve

            >In respect for them, their country and their music, even though they
            >told me it was not highly regarded by their government, I am going to
            >play some of it on my show on Sunday the 2nd day of 2005.
            You do have a good point there.  However, at the time that they played ProgDay, Iwan told me that their music was considered pretty radical and it was very difficult to play it there.  He also said that it was hard to get it out of the country.  I believe that situation had improved (until now of course!).

            Deb S.
            "The Prog-Rock Diner"
            www.fcac.org (WEBR)
            ProgDay!