RE: [ProgAndOther] ROSFEST & THE TANGENT - - - BAND ANNOUNCEMENT

  • Jerry Keller
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2004
      OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

      jerry

      -----Original Message-----
      From: progforce [mailto:george@...]
      Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 10:28 AM
      To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ProgAndOther] ROSFEST & THE TANGENT - - - BAND ANNOUNCEMENT

      HELLO PROG AND OTHER FRIENDS, PPRCMUSIC IS VERY PROUD TO ANNOUNCE
      SUNDAY NIGHTS HEADLINER "THE TANGENT" AT THE RITES OF SPRING FESTIVAL
      Scheduled for April 23rd and the 24th.

      Making their US debut at the one and only ROSfest, PPRCmusic is proud
      to bring you a must see event with The Tangent
    • progforce
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2004
        HELLO PROG And Other prog FRIENDS, PPRCMUSIC IS VERY PROUD TO
        ANNOUNCE SUNDAY NIGHTS HEADLINER "THE TANGENT" AT THE RITES OF SPRING
        FESTIVAL Scheduled for April 23rd and the 24th.

        Making their US debut at the one and only ROSfest, PPRCmusic is proud
        to bring you a must see event with The Tangent.

        While there may be some room for argument as to whether The Tangent's
        debut album, The Music That Died Alone was the 2003 Album of the
        Year, there is no possible doubt that it was surprise album of the
        year. Conceived of by bandleader, keyboardist and vocalist Andy
        Tillison as "the Next Great English Prog Album," The Music That Died
        Alone offered rich symphonic prog that looked back to Prog's First
        Wave but also found plenty of space for the criminally
        underappreciated Canterbury movement and even some spicy little hints
        of punk. It took the Prog world by storm.

        And yet, how could The Music That Died Alone have been such a
        surprise? After all, the album featured contributions from major
        figures from all three of Prog's great eras. From Prog's Golden Age
        came Van der Graaf Generator's David Jackson on saxophone and flute.
        From Kaipa and The Flower Kings, the band offered Roine Stolt on
        guitar and vocals – along with Flower Kings bass player Jonas
        Reingold and drummer Zoltan Csorsz. The latter two, along with
        Parallel or 90 Degrees' Tillison and Sam Baine (and Guy Manning of
        the Manning Band and proto-PO90 act Gold Frankincense & Disk Drive)
        represented prog's current Third Wave. Given the phenomenal success
        of their debut album, the band's follow up, The World We Drive
        Through, scheduled for release in early fall 2004, is unlikely to
        catch anyone in the Prog world by surprise.

        While many have referred to The Tangent as a "supergroup," the fact
        is that The Music That Died Alone began life as an Andy Tillison solo
        project. The World We Drive Through leaves no doubt that the project
        has morphed into a permanent band. And, in the grand tradition of
        prog, along with real band-dom have come personnel changes. On The
        World We Drive Through David Jackson has given way to noted Theo
        Travis (ex-Gong, Porcupine Tree and with a significant jazz artist in
        his own right).

        Whatever the details, what Andy Tillison has put together in The
        Tangent is a full-fledged leading light on Prog's current event
        horizon, bending both space and time..

        This event will be marked as another first for ROSfest and we are
        looking forward to this sensational show. Mark your calenders, this
        will be a show not to be forgotten.

        THE TANGENT WEBSITE --- http://thetangent.org/
        ROSFEST --- http://www.rosfest.com

        Join our email list at http://www.rosfest.com/Sign_up_form.htm
        Join the official yahoo news group at
        http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/rosfest/
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2004
          --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "progforce" <george@r...> wrote:

          > HELLO PROG And Other prog FRIENDS, PPRCMUSIC IS VERY PROUD TO
          > ANNOUNCE SUNDAY NIGHTS HEADLINER "THE TANGENT" AT THE RITES OF
          > SPRING FESTIVAL Scheduled for April 23rd and the 24th.

          Is there an echo in here?