Re: [ProgAndOther] crapcrapcrap

  • progluvr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2004
      In a message dated 6/12/2004 1:47:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jeffrey.n.oaster@... writes:

      It's not officially official yet, but Matt Thompson from Guapo just
      posted on Progressive Ears that Guapo will not be playing Progday this
      year. His post was followed up with a PD organizer confirming it.

      Crap.

      Yes, it is crap.  We were hoping it would work out and were trying to confirm that they couldn't be at ProgDay but they apparently are just  not able to come to the US at all this year.   We already had a couple of other bands 'on the table' and as soon as we know for sure one of them can do it, we'll announce it.

      Deb S.
      "The Prog-Rock Diner"
      www.fcac.org   (WEBR)
      ProgDay!
      www.progday.com
    • umo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2004
        > From: "progjeff2000" <jeffrey.n.oaster@...>
        >
        > Maybe Sotos will replace them. Hopefully they haven't gone and done
        > anything stupid like break up or anything. That would suck.

        Seriously? If you read Progressive Ears, then you must've missed
        this post on the 4th of June:

        ---------------------------------------
        Dear friends and music lovers,

        Well, this is quite a sad news here. We wanted to inform all of you that the
        French avant band SOTOS has decided to quit.This decision is mostly due to a
        lack of motivation. We have all been very busy these last years, and that
        partly meant that we had no more time for Sotos. But the truth is we just
        got kind of "tired" of working together, which is not very surprizing after
        8 years of playing.

        We had been talking about making a third album, but considering that it took
        us 2 years to rehearse a 5 minute piece, it just was obvious that we
        wouldn't make it.

        We do feel sad about this, but we also feel relieved in some way...We just
        didn't have fun anymore.

        The Triton gig in Paris is maintained, and that will be our final show. So
        we will do our best to make this gig as good as possible !

        Well, this is the end of a band, but it does not mean that another band
        won't appear ! Hopefully in a near future ! Because of course, we still want
        to create and play music, so we'll let you hear from us as soon as something
        happens...

        Many many thanks to all of you who liked and supported our music !

        Peace,
        Michael Hazera / SOTOS.

        Sorry to break it to you...

        E-Man
      • progjeff2000
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
          --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "umo" <umocheech@d...> wrote:
          > > From: "progjeff2000" <jeffrey.n.oaster@w...>
          > >
          > > Maybe Sotos will replace them. Hopefully they haven't gone and done
          > > anything stupid like break up or anything. That would suck.
          >
          > Seriously? If you read Progressive Ears, then you must've missed
          > this post on the 4th of June:

          ehhh, my dry and acerbic wit must not have tranlated into my typing.
          I'm very bummed about Sotos' breaking up (and was when I read the post
          a few weeks back). It's just further proof of a major conspiracy
          against Cuneiform records.
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 15, 2004
            --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "progjeff2000"
            <jeffrey.n.oaster@w...> wrote:

            > ehhh, my dry and acerbic wit must not have tranlated into my typing.
            > I'm very bummed about Sotos' breaking up (and was when I read the
            > post a few weeks back). It's just further proof of a major
            > conspiracy against Cuneiform records.

            I blame the Stonecutters. Who, of course, control Clearchannel.

            -- Bob "Bice" Eichler, looking forward to picking up the Simpsons
            season 4 DVDs after work today