Re: Proto Kaw

  • kdude420@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 43 , May 2, 2004
      But what you still never told me & I don't understand is, is Kerry
      opening for Kansas, or actually gonna be in THEIR band playing guitar
      and/or keyboards again? And if so, for the whole show? Also, is this the
      only show on their 30th anniversary where Kerry's playing there & has
      this happened before since he's left Kansas in '83 or '84? I know he &
      Hope refused to play on tour with 'em in four years ago in '00 when they
      opened for Yes in support of (The Ladder for Yes) Somewhere To
      Elsewhere.

      Kevin
      Message 43 of 43 , May 3, 2004
        In a message dated 5/2/2004 2:04:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kdude420@... writes:

        > Another great bassist
        > besides Hope that always reminded me of Squire for some reason is Glenn
        > Hughes too if anybody knows who that is. He's also a lead singer but I
        > always preferred his bass playing to that. It seems for
        > some odd reason
        > he's more known as a singer though.<<

        Hughs is both a great vocalist and bassist. Although he has always played with hard rock bands, he has a definite funky side to his bass playing. His work with Deep Purple certainly steered them in this direction.

        Steve Sly
        Progday X
        http://www.progday.com
        (NP - Stacy Mitchhart - Midnight Breeze)