Re: [ProgAndOther] Tempest (Recent Shows)

  • rich mueller
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2004
      Something I forgot to mention earlier, for an encore they did a ripping
      version of the Stonehenge tune from This Is Spinal Tap, I thought it was
      pretty hysterical, most of the people around me thought I was nuts for
      laughing my ass off, I guess they didn't get it.

      rich
      np-Birdsongs of the Mesozoic, The Iridium Controversy

      On Sun, 2 May 2004 20:27:26 +0000 (UTC) Noah Lesgold
      <nlesgold@...> writes:
      > On Sun, 2 May 2004, rich mueller wrote:
      >
      > > I just had the chance to see the band Tempest last night. I would
      > > highly recommend this one but this was the last stop on their
      > tour.
      > > What can I say, 2 hours of high energy celtic rock, pretty
      > awesome.
      > > Only bummer was the venue was a local outlet for the folk scene,
      > > pretty small place, so I think the band was holding back. I would
      > love
      > > to see this band at Progday, I think it would be a hit, especially
      > in
      > > the outdoor setting.
      >
      > Man, I would love to see them come to Pittsburgh. I saw them in
      > Rochester, NY 4-5 years ago in a bar, and they were phenomenal.
      > And
      > yeah, they'd probably make a great PD band sometime, if their
      > extensive
      > tour schedule allowed it.
      >
      > --
      > Noah Lesgold http://nlesgold.freeshell.org/
      > nlesgold@... AIM/Y!: nlesgold ICQ:
      > 132716231
      >
      > "Xbox is the first and only video game system designed from its
      > inception
      > to be ready to play Xbox games right out of the box."
      > --Microsoft press release (1-08-02)

    • Noah Lesgold
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2004
        On Sun, 2 May 2004, rich mueller wrote:

        > Something I forgot to mention earlier, for an encore they did a
        > ripping version of the Stonehenge tune from This Is Spinal Tap, I
        > thought it was pretty hysterical, most of the people around me thought
        > I was nuts for laughing my ass off, I guess they didn't get it.

        They did a pretty wicked disco "Iron Man" when I saw them. They
        definitely have a sense of humor about what they do.

        --
        Noah Lesgold http://nlesgold.freeshell.org/
        nlesgold@... AIM/Y!: nlesgold ICQ: 132716231

        "The worst part about multiplayer games is that you have to play them with
        other people." --Gabriel, www.penny-arcade.com
      • progluvr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2004
          In a message dated 5/2/2004 6:28:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, progholio@... writes:

          Something I forgot to mention earlier, for an encore they did a ripping
          version of the Stonehenge tune from This Is Spinal Tap, I thought it was
          pretty hysterical, most of the people around me thought I was nuts for
          laughing my ass off, I guess they didn't get it.

          That's funny!  Did they have a mini stonehenge replica too?   : )

          Deb S.
          "The Prog-Rock Diner"
          www.fcac.org   (WEBR)
          ProgDay!
          www.progday.com
        • rich mueller
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2004
            On Sun, 2 May 2004 20:32:38 EDT progluvr@... writes:
            > In a message dated 5/2/2004 6:28:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            > progholio@... writes:
            >

            > > Something I forgot to mention earlier, for an encore they did a
            > ripping
            > > version of the Stonehenge tune from This Is Spinal Tap, I thought
            > it was
            > > pretty hysterical, most of the people around me thought I was nuts
            > for
            > > laughing my ass off, I guess they didn't get it.
            >
            > That's funny! Did they have a mini stonehenge replica too? : )

            No they didn't, but it would have been even funnier, especially if they
            had the midgets to dance around it as well.