Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: new music

  • Adam Levin
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2004
      On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, biceeichler wrote:

      > I thought it was easily the best thing they'd done since Power,

      That's not saying much since the only new studio release between the
      two was the abysmal _In The Spirit of Things_.

      -Adam

      ----
      T h e D a r k A e t h e r P r o j e c t
      http://www.darkaether.net/

      "Fusing jazz-inflected soundscapes, dark imagery, innovative tape loops,
      symphonic rock textures and psychedelic experimentation, Dark Aether Project
      explore the furthest realms of progressive rock." - Allmusic Guide

      ** The latest CD "The Gentle Art of Firewalking" is available from:
      Amazon.com - CDBaby.com - CDStreet.com - LaserCD.com - MandMMusic.com
      OSMind.com - SynPhonic.8m.com - TowerRecords.com - WaysideMusic.com
    • Bob Eichler
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        In the last digest, Adam Levin <alevin@...> wrote:

        >On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, biceeichler wrote:
        >
        > > I thought it was easily the best thing they'd done since Power,
        >
        >That's not saying much since the only new studio release between the
        >two was the abysmal _In The Spirit of Things_.

        Yeah, that's true. Since Power came out in '86 and Freaks was
        from '95, I was thinking there was more in between. Well, there
        was the King Biscuit disc, Live at the Whiskey and the two-disc
        "boxed set" (which isn't bad but I still don't understand why
        they didn't just market it as a 2-disc "best of" with a few
        rarities).