Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: XM and Zappa

  • Greg Hall
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 5, 2003
      --- syrinx@... wrote:
      > > I guess the most important question is: Will it still be around in
      > > few years? I imagine the cost of utilizing a satellite is rather
      > huge,
      > > plus they have to pay out artist royalties. They have to be
      > operating
      > > way in the red now.
      >
      > XM has over 700,000 subscribers (at least they told us that when
      > Echolyn was
      > there in April). They look to be turning a profit by EOY 2004.

      I work for GM and we are planning to offer XM radio in most of our
      products in the future. I heard today that they are over 1,000,000
      subscribers as of today with over 10,000 new subscribers each day.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • jeff oaster
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 9, 2003
        Man, I need to get a job at a (ahem) more progressive University

        jeff