Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: XM and Zappa

  • Greg Hall
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 5, 2003
      --- progjeff2000 <jeffoaster@...> wrote:
      > Are there any locations/situations where you loose (sic) the signal -
      > mountains, tunnels, rainy days, New Jersey, tree-lined areas, et al?

      Occasionally, I get a dropped signal. Usually when driving through a
      tunnel or out in the boondocks. The signal usually comes back in a
      matter of seconds.

      > How obscure do they get with music on the Music Lab station? Yes,
      > ELP,
      > Genesis, KC, etc are a given - but do they go to the second-tier
      > bands
      > like VdGG and Gentle Giant? What about foreign bands like Banco and
      > PFM? Do they play modern bands?

      Echolyn, P-Tree, John Wetton, and Steve Hackett have done in studio
      live shows for XM. I hear VdGG and Gentle Giant a lot (Free Hand this
      AM). I consider the prog to be a decent variety, but nearly every band
      I hear is somewhat of a "name" band for me. Yesterday I heard Ash Ra
      Temple, Gong, Hawkwind, Zappa, Spock's Beard, Tony Levin, Jon and
      Vangelis, and Cairo just to name a few.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • jeff oaster
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 9, 2003
        Man, I need to get a job at a (ahem) more progressive University

        jeff