Bargain Bin Finds

  • ProgNaut@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2003
      Echobrain is a band project from ex-Metallica bassist featuring Jason
      Newsted. It's very different from the bands mentioned. In fact, it has
      an almost psychedelic/ prog sound. Interestingly, Jason plays a
      Thermamin on several tracks. There is some cello and violins on several
      tracks as well.
      Echobrain should appeal to fans of Izz, Bubblemath, ELO, The Beatles,
      Echolyn and Spock's Beard.
      I picked it up at a used store for $3.99 and I'm enjoying it. Check out
      their website for more info: www.Echobrain.com

      Best Regards,
      Ron Fuchs, www.ProgNaut.com "a progressive music fan & review site"

      ***
      Get updates for ProgNaut.com at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgNaut/

      ***
      Discuss SoCal prog bands at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoCal_Prog/
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        ProgNaut@w... wrote:

        > Echobrain should appeal to fans of Izz, Bubblemath, ELO, The
        > Beatles, Echolyn and Spock's Beard.

        What about people who like the last few Beatles albums, the
        first few ELO albums but can't stand anything else on that
        list? ;-)

        -- Bob "Bice" Eichler, who's being difficult after a few
        beers, but honestly can't see much similarity between the
        Beatles (and ELO who admittedly imitated the Beatles) and
        the rest of those bands