Keneally fest

  • eichler@epix.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
      In the last digest, "sdsly" <stevesly@...> wrote:

      > --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "biceeichler" <eichler@e...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > If Mike Keneally doesn't soon appear at a prog
      > > festival, I'll ritually burn all my audience tapes!!!
      >
      > Actually.....Keneally did appear at Progwest last year.

      I should have specified east coast prog festival. Mike
      plays out west all the time, but hasn't hit the rest of
      the country in quite a while.

      BTW, by "ritually burn my audience tapes", I meant burn
      them to CDR. Yeah, that's the ticket.

      -- Bob "Bice" Eichler
    • Jim Robinson
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
        Keep watching the njproghouse for the fall/winter season.

        eichler@... wrote:

        > In the last digest, "sdsly" <stevesly@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, "biceeichler" <eichler@e...>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > If Mike Keneally doesn't soon appear at a prog
        > > > festival, I'll ritually burn all my audience tapes!!!
        > >
        > > Actually.....Keneally did appear at Progwest last year.
        >
        > I should have specified east coast prog festival. Mike
        > plays out west all the time, but hasn't hit the rest of
        > the country in quite a while.
        >
        > BTW, by "ritually burn my audience tapes", I meant burn
        > them to CDR. Yeah, that's the ticket.
        >
        > -- Bob "Bice" Eichler
        >

        > ---
        > The "Prog and Other" Mailing List -
        > To Unsubscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProgAndOther/

      • Greg Hall
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
          --- Jim Robinson <jwrjr@...> wrote:
          > Keep watching the njproghouse for the fall/winter season.

          I hear that Peter Nicholls will appear to sing in the Phil Collins
          Tribute band "Face Value".

          Greg

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
            Jim Robinson <jwrjr@r...> wrote:

            > Keep watching the njproghouse for the fall/winter season.

            If MK did play the njproghouse, any idea on what ticket prices
            would be? To be honest, I can't afford to go to most of your
            shows, although I understand the high prices due to limited
            number of seats.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
              Greg Hall <motorcityprogger@y...> wrote:

              > --- Jim Robinson <jwrjr@r...> wrote:
              > > Keep watching the njproghouse for the fall/winter season.
              >
              > I hear that Peter Nicholls will appear to sing in the Phil Collins
              > Tribute band "Face Value".

              How about a musical theater presentation of the life of Phil
              Collins?

              - His lowly beginnings as a mere drummer
              - His unfortunate sidetrack into Brand X
              - His criminally underappreciated stints as an actor
              - Bob Hoskins in a special appearance to sing a song about
              being mistaken for Phil Collins
              - And in the big finale, Phil finally discovers his purpose
              in life, making progressively lamer and lamer pop music

              Tony Banks can work the coffee bar.

              -- Bob "Bice" Eichler
            • Jim Robinson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
                Bob-

                I am not sure yet what we will be charging.
                It may work out that we are doing a double bill with a very appropriate band and
                that would move us to the other venue which in turn will drop prices.

                We shall see.

                Peace-
                Jim

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
                  Just a real real real ugly rumor Greg.
                  :-)

                  Peace-
                  Jim

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
                    In a message dated 6/4/2003 6:48:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, eichler@... writes:

                    > I should have specified east coast prog festival. Mike
                    > plays out west all the time, but hasn't hit the rest of
                    > the country in quite a while.<<

                    All I can say is that sometimes artists schedules and festival schedules don't mesh. I am sure the Mr. Keneally will play an east coast fest one of these years.

                    Steve Sly
                    (NP - The Verve Pipe - Villins)
                  • gleonard9@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
                      In a message dated 6/4/03 10:20:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jwrjr@... writes:

                      "ritually burn my audience tapes",

                      If Audience doesn't play Progfest, I'm gonna tape my burns.
                      Glenn
                    • progluvr@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
                        In a message dated 6/4/2003 1:20:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, gleonard9@... writes:

                        If Audience doesn't play Progfest, I'm gonna tape my burns.
                        Glenn

                        LOL! I love this group sometimes....BTW, it would so cool see Audience.. : )

                        Deb S.
                        "The Prog-Rock Diner"
                        www.fcac.org  WEBR
                        ProgDay!
                        www.progday.com
                      • Rob Springs Eternal
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
                          At 01:17 PM 6/4/03, you wrote:

                          >In a message dated 6/4/03 10:20:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                          >jwrjr@... writes:
                          >

                          >>"ritually burn my audience tapes",
                          >

                          >If Audience doesn't play Progfest, I'm gonna tape my burns.
                          >Glenn

                          Man, you've been hanging with Napoleon, Ike, and Don too much.

                          (And don't at least some of us *wish* we had that problem!) ":)

                          Rob McMonigal
                          twainfan@...
                          http://www.livejournal.com/users/trebro
                          "You can't spread jam on a solstice." -John Beck