Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: Schizoid Band

  • Jeff Oaster
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 1, 2003
      I nominate that we kill this thread before it gets any worse.

      I initially responded to Stephen's post because it had an antagonistic "I think that band is lousy and I won't come" tone to it. Judging from his reply to me, it was more of a "There are tons of more deserving *original* bands out there who could benefit from the festival exposure. I don't want to go to a festival if it features cover bands," which I'm okay with. I think if a cover band were booked for a festival (which, in hindsight, is basically what CGT was at NearFest 2001, and they went over gangbusters), it wouldn't deter me from going. YMMV though.

      Of course, then we get back to the question of whether it's a cover band if there are original members in the band? I say no. I'm sure if the Hackett/Wetton/McDonald combo were reunited for a one-off in the states, they would get headliner status, and they were essentially a tribute band.

      Anyway, one of the primary reasons why this list is a favorite hangout of mine is that the posts are almost always low-key and friendly (with the exception of an occasional "Hey Lesgold, suck this!" comment thrown in for good measure. In fact, had Glenn done the appropriate thing and said "Hey Stephen...", things might have been cleared up sooner. Way to go, Glenn ;^)

      Jeff
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 4, 2003
        Thank you Bob,
        You've made me feel welcome.