Re: [ProgAndOther] Re: CD burning

  • T. J. Higgins
    Message 1 of 23 , May 5, 2003
      > I've never done it before, but I think what you need to do is burn the
      > CD as a "data" disc rather than an "audio" disc.

      Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I made the disc in data mode, and
      it did sound pretty awful on my home stereo. So it's back to the
      drawing board. I'll re-record everything at a higher sampling rate
      and burn the discs in audio mode.

      T.J. Higgins
      Huntsville, AL
    • Noah Lesgold
      Message 2 of 23 , May 5, 2003
        On Mon, 5 May 2003, T. J. Higgins wrote:

        > Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I made the disc in data mode, and
        > it did sound pretty awful on my home stereo. So it's back to the
        > drawing board. I'll re-record everything at a higher sampling rate
        > and burn the discs in audio mode.

        To clarify here, it's not being in data mode that would make it sound
        bad, just the sampling rate. Normally 128-192kbps should sound pretty
        decent. If you burn in audio mode, though, you will be limited to
        74-80minutes in length, and it will not improve the sound quality
        (though it will play in a normal CD player). Data mode should still be
        what you want, just split over a couple CDs.

        --
        Noah Lesgold http://nlesgold.freeshell.org/
        nlesgold@... AIM: nlesgold ICQ: 132716231

        "The Xbox launches in Japan, and we have pictures of scantily-clad women
        to prove it."
        --The GIA headline (www.thegia.com)
      • Jeff Oaster
        Message 3 of 23 , May 5, 2003
          >Data mode should still be
          what you want, just split over a couple CDs.

          Not necessarily. Unless my math skills have eroded, 400 minutes encoded at 192kbps should equal +/- 600MB (That's figgering that at 128kbps you're encoding around 1MB per minute).

          Good luck

          jeff

          NP: Genesis, Fade 2 (mmm... Bruford)