Can anyone help Tony Levin find a tape of the Seattle show?

  • Roy DeRousse
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2002
      Can anyone help Tony Levin? Here is his plea from
      http://www.tonylevin.com/index.shtml:

      I've mentioned this before but will try again. Last April, at the Seattle show
      of the Tony Levin Band tour, Trey Gunn sat in for a great improv that morphed
      into Elephant Talk. Our DAT tape chose that night to not work right, and as I'm
      starting to mix the live cd of tracks from the tour, it'd be really nice to
      have a recording of that to use as a bonus track. (E. Talk, the normal band
      version, will be on there.) So if anyone taped that show, and is willing to
      share the tape, would you please contact us about it (at levinband@...).
      I find it amazing that, with so many shows being bootlegged, that night, with
      us trying to tape it, and the audience told they're welcome to tape, nothing
      seems to have survived. It serves as a reminder of how special the real-time
      event of music can be.

      =====
      Roy DeRousse
      roylayer@... (Please use this, not the yahoo.com address. Thanks!)

      Attend ProgDay! (An International Festival of Progressive Rock)
      Chapel Hill, NC. Aug. 31 and Sept. 1, 2002.
      HAPPY THE MAN, KRAAN, AVANT GARDEN, DJAM KARET, IZZ, THE MUFFINS, TEMPANO, and THIEVES' KITCHEN. Friday Show: DARK AETHER PROJECT, FRENCH TV, SMOKIN' GRANNY
      web: http://www.progday.com e-mail: progday@...

      http://health.yahoo.com