Raphael Rudd is dead

  • Roy DeRousse
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2002
      I am so sad to report this news. He seemed like a nice guy, and he was a great
      musician.

      Raphael was a member of the latter-day Renaissance. He toured live with the
      band a number of times after Time-Line. This is documented in the
      recently-released album by Renaissance: "Unplugged Live at the Academy of
      Music, Philadelphia USA," recorded in 1987 or so. After that, he became a
      member of Annie Haslam's band. He also has a number of solo albums to his
      credit, including a recent collaboration with Pete Townshend.

      I have one of his albums, "The Awakening Chronicles," and I highly recommend
      it to all Renaissance fans. In addition to appearances by Annie, it also
      features Phil Collins and Pete Townshend. You can hear some soundclips of his
      music at his website:

      http://www.raphaelrudd.com/

      His death has been confirmed on his website, and here are the original notes
      that I received on the subject:

      From: David Samuel Barr <dsbarr@m...>
      Date: Tue Apr 2, 2002 1:00 am
      Subject: Raphael Rudd

      It is with great sorrow that I have to report to you the death
      of Raphael Rudd in Los Angeles on 1 April 2002.

      A few weeks ago, Rob Findlay e-mailed me that Raph had been in a
      serious car accident, that he was hospitalised in intensive
      care and that his chances were 50/50. When we spoke a few days
      later, Rob said that the situation was still bad but he was
      hoping for more optimistic news soon. Given that, I refrained
      from publicising the situation here, figuring that I would wait
      for new developments before alarming everyone.

      Tonight, though, I received the following message, sent from
      Raph's e-mail address:

      > BELOVED AVATAR MEHER BABA KI JAI!
      >
      > Dear Brothers and Sisters,
      >
      > Beloved Baba�s shining light Raphael Rudd discarded the broken vessel
      > that he had inhabited and went to be wrapped in the tender embrace of
      > his Beloved Heavenly Father. The time of his passing was 8:54 am PCT.
      > It is so fitting that the Mischievous Chicken�s most Mischievous
      > Little Hatchling would choose April Fools Day to depart! May the whole
      > world be blessed to hear his transcendentally beautiful songs for the
      > New Life. And let those who knew him, and Loved him, dance in Love and
      > Light and Joy at his magnificence, his beauty and his Love.
      >
      > Victory Unto Thee
      >
      > In The Beloved�s Baba�s Infinite Love and Compassion,
      >
      > Don Douglas

      =====
      Roy DeRousse
      roylayer@... (Please use this, not the yahoo.com address. Thanks!)