What a crock!

  • endymion6969
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      I don't post here often....but I do read the daily mailings.

      Le Orme cancelled because they didn't get to headline? Awww, poor
      guys! What a crock of shit! There are lots of us little known prog
      bands out here that would LOVE to play NEARfest (or any prog festival
      for that matter) in ANY time slot!

      I could say a lot more about this but I will refrain....

      I can understand the idea of "headliner" but, really, let's face it -
      whether you play for 1 or 2 hours doesn't really matter. Anyone who
      hears you for an hour will have made up their mind whether or not
      they like you. Playing for an additional hour will do nothing more
      for you other than please the fans of your band/music. Everyone else
      will already know what they think and feel about you by then. So, in
      terms of "Exposure", at this point it really doesn't matter.

      I agree with whoever said every band should be put into a hat and a
      random drawing made for time slots. Every band should get the same
      amount of time to play. A reasonable time frame like an hour to an
      hour and a half.

      ...at least WE will Entertain you....

      Rowen
      Persephone's Dream