Re: [ProgAndOther] Le Orme breaks agreement, cancels NEARfest appearance

  • upnsm0ke
    Message 1 of 58 , Feb 1, 2002

      >Jeff wrote:
      >>
      >>I couldn't figure out how Nektar rated headliner status over
      >>Le Orme in the first place
      >
      >I totally disagree.  I doubt that Le Orme has ever even come close to
      >Nektar in sales, especially in the U.S.

      I think what Jeff means is we're talking about a *prog* fest here...prog fests
      usually showcase bands with minimal-to-zilcho mainstream commercial
      potential, since it's about the music and not who's outselling who...and since Nektar haven't been around for a while--quite a while, I believe--why would
      Nektar necessarily be more of a headlining draw than a band like Le Orme.
      Sure, there's a little bias involved, not being a Nektar fan and being a fan
      of Le Orme's music. Anyone who saw Le Orme at ProgFest '97 or
      last year's Baja Prog knows how kickass Le Orme are in a live setting.
      I don't what the deal is with a band like that withdrawing from a fest
      because they're just one time slot away from headlining. Too bad for
      everybody who was looking forward to seeing them, who haven't yet.
      They'll be missing out. :(

      E-Man
      Message 58 of 58 , Feb 9, 2002
        Adam wrote:

        >>Heh! I'd be extremely proud to call those DAP CDs and *highly* recommend
        them, however those are all CDs by Djam Karet (but here's some trivia for
        you: Mike, Chuck and Henry used our amps and drum kit in the shows
        recorded for the live CD).<<

        Wow, I have no idea what I was thinking.  Of course all of the discs I was talking about are Djam Karet.  How I got that out of Greg's post I have no idea.  Sorry about the mix-up.

        Steve Sly
        (NP - Spaced Out - Eponymous)