re: Kansas

  • CuneiWay@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2002
      Well, I went over to the Kansas site & downloaded the studio demos of Kansas
      II.

      I must say that I enjoyed them quite a bit.

      I didn't think too much of the vocalist or (especially) the lyrics - but they
      weren't something that I ruined it for me.

      The whole thing sorta reminded me of VERY early Happy The Man (Beginnings)
      crossed with more "In the Wake Of Poseidon" Crimson & esp. Van Der Graaf
      Generator.

      I didn't hear ANY Soft Machine in their sound whatsoever.

      I haven't heard that much Kansas (although I bought the first album on the
      advice of Rob LaDuca) & I've heard the hits of course, but this was a pretty
      credible slab early 1970's progressive rock. Fun!

      Thanks for pointing this out Bob.

      Steve F.