Re: Get Off The Stage

  • Ken Payne
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 1:26 AM
      Funny you should mention Nick Gilder. In 1979 he was the opening act for a
      day long concert featuring Heart, Little River Band, Bob Welch and others.
      He only lasted about 4 songs before he gave up and left the stage. This was
      in Vancouver his home town. So you don't have to be unknown to get no
      respect from an audience.

      Ken Payne

      From: Jeff Swanson <jswanson@...>
      Subject: Re: get off the stage

      At 09:35 AM 3/30/99 -0600, "Jerry Keller" <jerry@...> wrote:

      >have you ever witnessed a band getting booed off the stage. i have once and
      it wasn't pretty.

      Around 1979, I saw a show at the Pittsburgh Civic Arena. It featured the
      Michael Stanley Band and the Outlaws (a perrenial 'Burgh favorite draw).
      Opening for these bands was Nick Gilder, who had a real lame "hit" called
      "Hot Child In The City".

      This guy came out on stage prancing and mincing in an orange spandex jump
      suit. In addition to a bad preformance, he was insistant on promoting his
      "alternate lifestyle". He did two songs. At least I think they completed
      two...by then the booing was louder than their "music". They never returned
      to Pittsburgh. ;^)