KBB?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
      Sean wrote:

      > KBB

      Did you know I actually approached them about PD 2001? :)

      Sadly they were a tad out of our price range.<<

      Who is KBB? It is not ringing a bell with me.

      Steve Sly
      (NP - Pain Of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake)
    • Noah Samuel Lesgold
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
        On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 stevesly@... wrote:

        > Sean wrote:
        >
        > > KBB
        >
        > Did you know I actually approached them about PD 2001? :)
        >
        > Sadly they were a tad out of our price range.<<
        >
        > Who is KBB? It is not ringing a bell with me.

        New Japanese symphonic instrumental keys-bombast. Their first album _Lost
        and Found_ came out last year. I've only heard it once after getting it
        at NF, but I have kinda mixed feelings about them. A lot of great
        melodies, but they tend to repeat them a little too much for them to keep
        their power. That said, there's a lot of great stuff, and I'd recommend
        them to fans of Ars Nova, Gerard and that scene - the violinist
        particularly is pretty hot stuff.

        --
        Noah Lesgold | Hell is in Gorham, NY, on SR247, E of Canandaigua
        nlesgold@... | http://www.cif.rochester.edu/~nlesgold

        The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Fickle, fickle Lord."
        --Solomon Short
      • upnsm0ke
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
          > From: "Noah Samuel Lesgold" <nlesgold@...>
          >
          > > Who is KBB? It is not ringing a bell with me.
          >
          > New Japanese symphonic instrumental keys-bombast. Their first album
          > _Lost and Found_ came out last year. I've only heard it once after
          getting it
          > at NF, but I have kinda mixed feelings about them. A lot of great
          > melodies, but they tend to repeat them a little too much for them to keep
          > their power.

          KBB - _LaF_ is a great disc, a nice kick in the pants, sorta like Midas on
          steroids. And l\Like Midas, it's cool to hear a dude who can rock on violin
          and guitar and trade-off with the keyboardist. In fact, when I got KBB,
          I even checked credits between both albums because I suspected they might
          be sharing members. =)

          E-Man
          np: Nexus, _Metanoia_