David and Goliath

  • AllGdPple@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2001
      For those of you interested, Tower Records (towerrecords.com) has copies of
      David Ragsdale's David and Goliath for sale. I only mention this because I
      have looked for this CD for some time now, and its the first time I have seen
      it readily available. I have only listened to it once, but it seems somewhat
      in the style of the Dixie Dregs, but perhaps a bit subdued from the Dregs'
      more frantic efforts. Certainly classically influenced and melodic.

    • jerry keller
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2001
        --- AllGdPple@... wrote:
        > For those of you interested, Tower Records
        > (towerrecords.com) has copies of
        > David Ragsdale's David and Goliath for sale.
        I have only listened to it
        > once, but it seems somewhat
        > in the style of the Dixie Dregs, but perhaps a bit
        > subdued from the Dregs'
        > more frantic efforts. Certainly classically
        > influenced and melodic.

        this is a very good cd. i wish he would do a followup.
        speaking of violinists, has anyone checked out mark
        wood? this guy can play. his "voodoo violince" kicks!
        he also has another one but i've never heard it.
        has anyone?
        jerry

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/