Finding Prog

  • Bob Eichler / Michele Matthews
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 1998
      In the last digest, Jeff Swanson <jswanson@...> wrote:

      >I have heard nothing but great things about this release...so much in fact,
      >that I've decided to purchase it *sight unseen* so to speak. However, I keep
      >running into brick walls. Does anyone have any idea how I can obtain a copy?
      >No one carries it where I live (no surprise there), and Angelo's or CDNow
      >doesn't stock it, either. Any suggestions?
      >
      >You can e-mail me privately. I don't know if others on the list share my
      >frustration.

      I decided to send this response to the list, 'cause I figured other
      folks might be able to use this info.

      A good place to start is the "Progressive Rock Website" at:

      http://www.ari.net/prog/

      Click on their Vendors/Labels link and get a long list of on-line
      places you can order prog from. I just checked around there a bit,
      and found Discipline's albums at M&M music in about five minutes.

      They've also got a lot of links to other interesting prog sites,
      like the Gibralter Encyclopedia of Progressive Rock.

      Another place to look for hard-to-find CDs is:

      http://www.gemm.com/

      It's a big search engine that looks at many, many vendors' catalogs
      to try to find rare stuff. I've never used it myself, but I've
      heard it's good.