Re: [ProgAndOther] djam karet

  • upnsm0ke
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 6 10:41 PM
      > From: Jerry Keller <jerry950@...>
      >
      > > Like "Web Of Medea," my current favorite track on TNDA. ("Medea"
      > > is the fictitious world created by author Harlan Ellison, for those who
      > > don't know. DK also took their name from an Ellison story where
      > > he used the term 'djam karet' which means "the hour that stretches.")
      >
      > thats interesting. i had wondered where the name comes from.
      > my favorite tracks are probably all clear and alone with the river man
      but
      > i have no problem with WOM.
      > hell, i don't have a problem with any of it.

      "All Clear" is the track that's currently playing and that & "Web Of Medea"
      are definitely my fave cuts on this CD.

      > > > what i like about djam karet is that while their music
      > > > is heavy and intense, its not LOUD in and of itself.
      > >
      > > Have you heard _Burning The Hard City_, yet? That CD *is* loud in and
      > > of itself! ;-)
      >
      > ha. that might be a nearfest buy.

      Make that "definitely"! And _Ascension_. They're playing over here on the
      19th so I assume that's when they'll debut its release.

      E-Man
      np: Djam Karet. TNDA
    • upnsm0ke
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 6 10:45 PM
        > From: <stevesly@...>
        >
        > I just picked up "Burning The Hard City" about a week ago and really like
        > it. In fact it may be my favorite album from them so far. It rocks a bit
        > more than the other one's I have which I like.

        BTHC is a killer disc. It was my first DK experience, back when it came out
        in '91, and I bought it from Wayside based on Steve F's description, and
        have been enjoying their compositional prowess ever since.

        Hey, Steve, if you're listening, your description of Cinema's _Into The
        State
        Of Flux_ is a bit off, though - that's one boring CD!

        E-Man
        np: DK, TNDA