Re: [ProgAndOther] djam karet

  • AllGdPple@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 6, 2001
      In a message dated 6/6/01 8:10:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stevesly@...
      writes:

      I just picked up "Burning The Hard City" about a week ago and really like
      it.  In fact it may be my favorite album from them so far.  It rocks a bit
      more than the other one's I have which I like.

      yeah.......a bit:) LOL

      kenny
    • upnsm0ke
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 6, 2001
        > From: Jerry Keller <jerry950@...>
        >
        > > Like "Web Of Medea," my current favorite track on TNDA. ("Medea"
        > > is the fictitious world created by author Harlan Ellison, for those who
        > > don't know. DK also took their name from an Ellison story where
        > > he used the term 'djam karet' which means "the hour that stretches.")
        >
        > thats interesting. i had wondered where the name comes from.
        > my favorite tracks are probably all clear and alone with the river man
        but
        > i have no problem with WOM.
        > hell, i don't have a problem with any of it.

        "All Clear" is the track that's currently playing and that & "Web Of Medea"
        are definitely my fave cuts on this CD.

        > > > what i like about djam karet is that while their music
        > > > is heavy and intense, its not LOUD in and of itself.
        > >
        > > Have you heard _Burning The Hard City_, yet? That CD *is* loud in and
        > > of itself! ;-)
        >
        > ha. that might be a nearfest buy.

        Make that "definitely"! And _Ascension_. They're playing over here on the
        19th so I assume that's when they'll debut its release.

        E-Man
        np: Djam Karet. TNDA
      • upnsm0ke
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 6, 2001
          > From: <stevesly@...>
          >
          > I just picked up "Burning The Hard City" about a week ago and really like
          > it. In fact it may be my favorite album from them so far. It rocks a bit
          > more than the other one's I have which I like.

          BTHC is a killer disc. It was my first DK experience, back when it came out
          in '91, and I bought it from Wayside based on Steve F's description, and
          have been enjoying their compositional prowess ever since.

          Hey, Steve, if you're listening, your description of Cinema's _Into The
          State
          Of Flux_ is a bit off, though - that's one boring CD!

          E-Man
          np: DK, TNDA