dust and dreams

  • Jerry Keller
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2001
      i got camel's "dust and dreams" the other day and it is without a doubt
      my favorite camel release. i haven't heard all of camels releases but based on the ones i
      do have (i can see your house from here, moonmadness, snow goose, rain dances and their best
      of, echoes) this is superior.
      its a concept album based on steinbecks grapes of wrath. it is heavy on instrumentals but
      has a handful of vocals included to convey the story.
      absolutely stunning melodies throughout, there are no weak moments, imho.
      if your looking to get into camel, this might be the place to start.

      btw, i just ordered djam karet's new one, "new dark ages". based on the song they have posted at mp3.com this sounds like it will be very good.

      jerry

      np   lee michaels    space and first takes

    • Steven Lawless
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2001
        Jerry;

        Hard to imagine that it is better than Snow Goose, but if it
        is well, that would be quite a listen.

        BTW, in case you can not tell, Snow Goose is a fav of mine.

        Regards,

        Steven

        i got camel's "dust and dreams" the other day and it is
        without a doubt
        my favorite camel release. i haven't heard all of camels
        releases but based on the ones i
        do have (i can see your house from here, moonmadness, snow
        goose, rain dances and their best
        of, echoes) this is superior.

        Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
        Visto.com. Life on the Dot.
      • jerry keller
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2001
          --- Steven Lawless <slawless@...> wrote:
          > Jerry;
          >
          > Hard to imagine that it is better than Snow Goose,
          > but if it
          > is well, that would be quite a listen.
          > BTW, in case you can not tell, Snow Goose is a fav
          > of mine.

          snow goose IS a good one. in fact my favorite until i
          heard dust and dreams.
          have you heard it?
          jerry

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        • Steven Lawless
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
            Jerry

            I have not heard Dust and Dreams, but shall put it on the
            shelf with the other items that I should buy, if only I can
            find room, between all the other dreams gathering dust.

            Regards,

            Steven