tool/crimson tour

  • Eric Baillargeon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 6:30 AM
      Tool, Crimson to Tour

      Two generations of prog rockers to hit the road
      together

      A wide span of prog rock history will be bridged
      later this summer when King Crimson hook up
      with Tool for a brief summer run. KC will open at
      least seven Tool gigs sometime in August, though
      exact dates and venues have yet to be announced.

      "Tool are one of [our] favorite groups," says King
      Crimson guitarist Robert Fripp. "We have been
      hoping to work with them for a while.

      "I have three Tool albums on my hi-fi station,"
      he adds, "and during the recording of our last
      album [2000's Construcktion of Light], I used to
      listen to them to power my day into life. I am
      looking forward to rocking out in such strong
      company."

      Aside from a mutual love for the arty side of rock,

      a common link between the two bands is producer
      David Bottrill who worked on Tool's 1996 album,
      Aenima, their forthcoming release, Lateralus (due
      May 15th), as well as three King Crimson albums,
      most recently 1995's Dinosaur.

      King Crimson will likely be road testing new
      material on the jaunt. The current lineup --
      guitarist Robert Fripp, singer/guitarist Adrian
      Belew, bassist Trey Gunn and drummer Pat
      Mastelotto -- will later this year begin work on
      the follow-up to last year's The ConstruKction of
      Light.

      The Tool/Crimson dates will be Tools first
      stateside gigs following a six week festival run in

      Europe. Prior to that, they'll play only four U.S.
      gigs -- May 15th in Atlanta, May 17th in
      Chicago, May 18th in Detroit and May 20th in
      New York.

      GREG HELLER
      (May 1, 2001)

      http://www.rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=13805&afl=mnew

      Later
      Eric

      NP. Genesis - Selling England By the Pound