Christian prog/rock/pop bands & reviews (link)

  • Miller, Bryan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2001
      <<I am a bass player in my church's praise band. I know of bands like
      Third Day and Jars of Clay. Do you have any "proggier" recommendations
      (Christian prog?!?!).>>

      Greg .... Check this web-site out: http://home.att.net/~virtuosity/

      It's loaded with reviews & bands regarding Christian rock/pop/prog.

      Bryan Miller
      Athens, Alabama
    • Jim Robinson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2001
        UTS? I donthere it Steve. I am convinced that they are exploring Native American traditions perhaps.
        Ah hell whatever I dont really mind one way or the other anyway. I like what I like.

        Peace-
        Jim

      • stevesly@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2001
          <<I am a bass player in my church's praise band. I know of bands like
          Third Day and Jars of Clay. Do you have any "proggier" recommendation<<

          Some of the more subtle Christian influenced prog bands would be Cast, Iona, Salem Hill, Under The Sun. These are not straight out Christian bands, but there is a christianity element to all of them.

          Steve Sly
          (NP - Fates Warning - Still Life)

          It's loaded with reviews & bands regarding Christian rock/pop/prog.

          Bryan Miller
          Athens, Alabama

          ---
          The "Prog and Other" Mailing List
          To Unsubscribe, go to http://www.egroups.com/

        • soniq95@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30, 2001
            Some of the more subtle Christian influenced prog bands would be Cast, Iona,
            Salem Hill, Under The Sun. These are not straight out Christian bands, but
            there is a christianity element to all of them.

            Kerry Livgrens solo work (ex Kansas), is pretty nice, and in this vein

            Todd
          • Grace Warren
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 30, 2001
              >Kerry Livgrens solo work (ex Kansas), is pretty nice, and in this vein
              >
              >Todd

              Actually, I think you can consider most post-Monolith Livgren era Kansas in
              this vein.

              Cheers,

              Grace
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2001
                Jim wrote:

                << UTS? I donthere it Steve. I am convinced that they are exploring Native American traditions perhaps.
                Ah hell whatever I dont really mind one way or the other anyway. I like what I like.<<

                I am pretty sure that I recently read an interview with them where they talked about all being Christians, although I could be wrong. Their lyrics seem to bear this out at least to an extent to my ears.

                Steve Sly
                (NP - Savatage - Poets And Madmen)