Shadow Gallery

  • Robert LaDuca
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 1999
      We had discussions with Shadow Gallery for performing at NEARfest (it is
      in their hometown of Bethlehem PA!), and they said no, because someone is
      unwilling to play on stage. Had nothing to do with tour support from the
      label.

      Peace, Rob
    • MB Sheppard
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 1999
        Rob,

        Glad to hear things are goinggood for NearFest. I look forward to seeing you there!

        In the meantime i was hoping you could help me out with some information.

        Some friends of mine are interested in having Kansas headline a Prog Fest in Europe. Do you still have a number/address/e-mail for their booking people that you could forward me.

        If so I would greatly appreciate it!

        Thanks,

        MB

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 11, 1999
          Dang it, I can't find the e-mail that someone posted here about SG, saying
          that they had asked the band to play at a prog fest and were turned down
          because one of the band members wouldn't play live..forgive the interruption
          to the list, but can whoever it was that posted that e-mail me? There's a
          discussion about *SG not playing live* going on on a message board that I post
          on and they are questioning this, and I'd like to be able to back up my *this
          is what I heard* posts with some concrete info..Thanks!!

          NP: Phreeworld - Crossing The Sound

          Jax, Lady of the Oracle

          ~ although life has scarred my heart,
          a piece of me still burns bright inside ~
          Power of Omens - Test of Wills

          Official Power of Omens Website
          http://members.xoom.com/PowerOfOmens/
        • Stevesly@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 11, 1999

            <<
            Dang it, I can't find the e-mail that someone posted here about SG, saying
            that they had asked the band to play at a prog fest and were turned down
            because one of the band members wouldn't play live..forgive the interruption
            to the list, but can whoever it was that posted that e-mail me? There's a
            discussion about *SG not playing live* going on on a message board that I
            post
            on and they are questioning this, and I'd like to be able to back up my *this
            is what I heard* posts with some concrete info..Thank >>

            I belive Rob Laduca was the one who posted about one of the bandmembers not
            being willing to play live for NEARfest. I posted a similar post about the
            band being contacted to play Progday. Although I do not know all of the
            details, the band (or at least some of them) apparently did not want to play
            the Progday gig either. These are the two major east coast prog festivals,
            and if the band (or some of it's members) have no interest in playing high
            profile gigs such as these, I doubt that they would be playing live anywhere.
            I find the whole thing to be rather curious, and would like to know the whole
            story behind it.

            Steve Sly
            (NP - Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons_
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2003
              In a message dated 11/8/2003 1:09:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, stephenjoann@... writes:
              I know they were invited several times to play ProgDay and just would not do it.
              NEARfest also contacted them at one point as well.........same story......

              Steve Sly
              Progday X
              (NP - Mike Keneally - Dancing)
            • the_original_ib
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 8, 2003
                --- In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, stevesly@a... wrote:
                > In a message dated 11/8/2003 1:09:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                > stephenjoann@c... writes:
                > I know they were invited several times to play ProgDay and just
                would not do
                > it.

                > NEARfest also contacted them at one point as well.........same
                > story......

                That said, I suspect neither festival has had any interest in the
                band since 2000 or earlier...

                Regards,
                Sean
              • Stephen & JoAnn