28183Ian Anderson birthday, New Arthur Brown, New Opeth, Stormy Six

  • Ian Beabout
    Aug 14, 2014
      Hello everyone!

      On this week's Deep Cuts (8/14), you can expect another three hours of eclectic progressive rock from around the world and through the years!

      On this week's show, I'll be joined by my concert-going buddy, Billy Salvatori who will be helping to select the playlist.  What will choose?  I have no idea, you'd have to ask him!  But, what I can tell you is that you probably can expect some King Crimson, Kotebel, Frank Zappa, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, and Stormy Six.  Probably.

      From me, you'll be getting a very special birthday tribute to Ian Anderson.  Known for his excellent songwriting and unmistakable flute playing, Ian Anderson rose to fame in the 1970's as lead singer / flute player / acoustic guitarist / frontman for the legendary Jethro Tull.  I picked a very special selection from his 40+ years of music - but I'm not going to tell you what it is. That would be too easy, wouldn't it?  I will tell you this, it's long and I've never played it on the show before.

      Also on the show, you can expect some new-ish music from Arthur Brown and Opeth.  Arthur Brown, known for his 1960's hit "Fire", returned (unbeknownst to me) a few weeks ago with a new album entitled Zim Zam Zim.  Be sure to tune in this week for new music from this iconic, legendary, and one-of-a-kind artist!  Opeth, of course, are best known as masters of Death Metal Prog (read: Cookie Monster vocals), but have since explored the more experimental side of progressive rock in 2011's Heritage (a vastly underrated record, in your humble narrator's opinion) and are back to split the fanbase even further this August with their newest offering Pale Communion - and you can hear it here!

      We'll top it off with some music from freak-folkers Comus, those delicious pronker maniacs, Cardiacs, masters of jazz metal miRthkon, Phideaux, and so much more!  I'm excited, are you?

      Oh by the way, which one's Jethro?

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts is a forward thinking, live radio show that promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.houseofprog.com.

      A reminder that you will also have to get an account on houseofprog.com to chat. No worries, it's quick and (mostly) painless.

      Stream live here: http://houseofprog.com/hop/?page_id=6807

      Chat link: http://houseofprog.com/hop/?page_id=65

      Stream Last Week's Show Here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-45/

      4-7 pm - US West Timezone (California)
      5-8 pm - US Mountain (Colorado)
      6-9 pm - US Central Standard
      7-10 pm - US Eastern Timezone (NYC, Florida)
      10 pm - 1 pm - Brazil
      11 pm - 2 am - UK
      1 am - 5 am - France, Italy, Netherlands, Egypt
      8 am - 12 am - Japan, Korea

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003

      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts