28174Re: [ProgAndOther] The new Yes album, Heaven & Earth

  • Rob McMonigal
    Jul 31, 2014
      Well, honestly the biggest reason is that I have probably around 1000 or so CDs and when I was heavily using Spotify, I never touched them. This mean that I'd lost touch with some of my favorite prog and jazz CDs.

      But the secondary reason is that they pay next to nothing to the artists, and it's hard to support that. I found I wasn't buying *anything* because I was using the streaming service, which means I was effectively leeching off the backs of artists I claimed to like and want more music from.

      On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:57 AM, eichler2@... [ProgAndOther] <ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to avoid streaming services?  I've never gotten into those since I mostly listen to music at work where we're not allowed to use bandwidth for that sort of thing, and I still don't own a smartphone or any other device I could use.  But they look tempting, so I'm wondering why you've decided to move away from them.

      -Rob
      trebro@...
      Panel Patter: A Comics Review Blog
      http://www.panelpatter.com