28170Re: [ProgAndOther] The new Yes album, Heaven & Earth

  • T. J. Higgins
    Jul 30, 2014
      Bob Eichler wrote:
      > So who else bought the new Yes album, "Heaven & Earth"? What do you think?

      I haven't bought or heard the album. I did go see them play live
      on Monday night at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. They played
      2 songs from the new album: "Believe Again" and "The Game." I
      gotta agree, the songs weren't that good. Pretty slow tempo, and
      somewhat boring. It was quite disappointing.

      But overall the show itself was very good. I'd seen them last year
      when they did Close To The Edge, Going For The One, and The Yes Album.
      That was a great show. This year they're doing CTTE and Fragile.
      I'd say this show was a little better, mainly because I like Fragile
      best of all those albums. And it's the Ryman, a great venue. We
      were in the balcony, 6 rows from the back, and felt right on top of
      the action.

      It's not my favorite Yes song, but they blew the roof off the place
      on "South Side of the Sky." Absolutely smoking. Easily the highlight
      of the show for me.

      Encores were "Owner of a Lonely Heart" and "Starship Trooper."

      All in all a great evening.

      T.J.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic