28166Syd Arthur! Knifeworld! Canterbury Scene Interview! Zappa! More!(!)

  • Ian Beabout
    Jul 24, 2014
      Hello everyone!

      Deep Cuts returns this Thursday (7/24),with this, it's 43rd episode and one year anniversary, to celebrate its debut show on the wonderful Houseofprog.com!

      First off, I'll be featuring new music from Syd Arthur, a modern band hailing from Canterbury, Kent who combine the pop leanings of Caravan with the decidedly more psychedelic sounds of Gong.  Imagine strong choruses that stick in your head for days, coupled with conscious-altering space elements and you might be able to imagine this young and terrifically talented act who you can catch on tour with Yes this summer!

      Also on the program, I'll have brand new music from Kavus Torabi (Cardiacs, Gong, Guapo) and his sensationally sensational 8 piece, bassoon-laden monster Knifeworld and their new record The Unraveling (which unravels July 22nd on Inside-Out Records).  Imagine if mid-70's Henry Cow teamed up with Tim Smith and you just might have an idea of how incredible this band sounds. Might. But why imagine when you can hear select cuts from this record on this week's Deep Cuts? (Did I mention it was sensational?)

      You can also expect an airing of the full-length interview with Adele Schmidt and Jose Zegarra Holder - directors of the Romantic Warriors film series (progdocs.com) which I previewed on Youtube a few weeks ago.  Personally, I found it rather painful to cut the 35 minute conversation down to a mere 19 and some minutes for mass consumption (hopefully), so on this week's Deep Cuts you will get the entire thing. Like it or not (you will).  To make it even more enticing, I'll be throwing in some choice Canterbury tracks from such excellent groups as Caravan, Soft Machine, Hatfield and the North, and The Wrong Object. I bet you're excited!

      Oh, and if that's not good enough, I'm also playing some Guapo, Half Past Four, King Crimson, Zappa, Faust, and more!

      See you then and there!

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts is a forward thinking, live radio show that promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.houseofprog.com.

      A reminder that you will also have to get an account on houseofprog.com to chat. No worries, it's quick and (mostly) painless.

      Stream live here: http://houseofprog.com/hop/?page_id=6807

      Chat link: http://houseofprog.com/hop/?page_id=65

      Stream Last Week's Show Here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-42/

      4-7 pm - US West Timezone (California)
      5-8 pm - US Mountain (Colorado)
      6-9 pm - US Central Standard
      7-10 pm - US Eastern Timezone (NYC, Florida)
      10 pm - 1 pm - Brazil
      11 pm - 2 am - UK
      1 am - 5 am - France, Italy, Netherlands, Egypt
      8 am - 12 am - Japan, Korea

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003

      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts