28145Renaissance, Captain Beefheart, Thinking Plague, Hatfield and the North

  • Ian Beabout
    Jun 5, 2014
      Hello everyone! If you've got ears, you've gotta listen ...

      On this week's Deep Cuts (June 5th), I've got lots of good stuff picked for you.  First off, I've got some music from Renaissance and the classic Scheherazade and Other Stories album.  Renaissance are considered to be one of the best symphonic progressive rock bands, combining English folk with romantic classical music.

      I'll also have some music from Captain Beefheart, namely cuts from Doc at the Radar Station.  Released in August 1980, to many Doc at the Radar Station was a continuation of 1978's comeback album, Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller).  An uncompromising slice of avant-garde experimental rock, Doc at the Radar Station is full of unconventional rhythms, angular guitar work, and of course, Beefheart's trademark poetry.

      Additionally, I'll also be throwing in some classic Thinking Plague, from their highly acclaimed third release, In This Life. Long out of print, In This Life demonstrates some of the best work from the early years of the legendary Colorado-based avant-prog collective.  I'll also add in some music from Swedish masters Gösta Berlings Saga (a band best described as a fusion of organic and electronic elements), some rare live Jethro Tull, Soft Machine, Led Bib, Hatfield and the North and so much more!

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts is a forward thinking, live radio show that promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.

      Stream live here: http://www.streamlicensing.com/play/player.php?sid=1855&stream_id=3143

      Chat link: http://www.progrock.com/chat.htm

      Stream Last Week's Show Here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-37/

      4-7 pm - US West Timezone (California)
      5-8 pm - US Mountain (Colorado)
      6-9 pm - US Central Standard
      7-10 pm - US Eastern Timezone (NYC, Florida)
      10 pm - 1 pm - Brazil
      11 pm - 2 am - UK
      1 am - 5 am - France, Italy, Netherlands, Egypt
      8 am - 12 am - Japan, Korea

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003

      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts