      From: "eichler2@..." <eichler2@...>
      To: ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:59 PM
      Subject: Re: [ProgAndOther] Any Bill Nelson fans out there?

      The boxed set includes a healthy chunk of songs from "Sunburst Finish" (Crystal Gazing, Heavenly Homes, Ships in the Night, Crying to the Sky and Sleep that Burns).  Other than four songs from Nelson's first solo album "Northern Dream" at the start of disc one, and a handful of Red Noise tracks at the end of disc 2, the first two discs of the set are all Be Bop Deluxe.

      Then there are five CDs worth of selections from his many, many, many solo albums.  They crammed in as much music as they could - each disc is between 79 and 80 minutes long.  Except the eighth disc, which is a "bonus" CD with a little over half an hour's worth of live BBC recordings.

      I'm still trying to get through my first listen to the whole thing.  After that, I'll probably pick one disc a week to focus on.  This is a TON of music to digest.

        -- Bob
      ---In ProgAndOther@yahoogroups.com, <all4rains@...> wrote :

      I've been a fan of Bill's & Be Bop Deluxe since I saw Be Bop Deluxe play here in Chicago in 1977. IMO, he's one of the most criminally underrated guitarists in Rock & Roll. BBD's "Sunburst Finish" would be one of those "desert island" discs for me. I sort of lost track with him when he was going through his new wave period & Red Noise, but have been listening a lot to his more recent atmospheric stuff & rediscovering a lot due to Bill making more of it available on outlets like Bandcamp & digital downloads. (A lot of his stuff wasn't very easy to find, & much of it went out-of-print not long after Bill released it.) He's a very interesting guy, too. Very Facebook friendly. He released a live DVD a couple of years ago you might enjoy Bob. They crammed a couple dozen lucky fans into a small recording studio with Bill and a crack band, & Bill ran through a bunch of his solo stuff & some very rare versions of BBD rarities. Glad to see there's more fans out there...

      ~Brett