28108New Clearlight, New Dewa Budjana, The Muffins, Osanna, Amon Duul II

  • Ian Beabout
    Mar 27, 2014

      Hello everyone!

      On this week's Deep Cuts (3/27), we've got yet another eclectic playlist planned for you!

      First off, we'll be featuring new music from the legendary French prog band Clearlight.  The new record, entitled Impressionist Symphony, combines the French impressionistic styles of  Ravel, Satie and Debussy with progressive rock to create a completely fresh take on the prog genre.

      The record, out March 24th, features guest appearances by Gong's Steve Hillage, Tim Blake, Didier Malherbe, and The Muffins' Paul Sears, making for a all-star cast of players that add to the album's mysterious, dreamlike textures instead of calling attention to themselves.

      Additionally, we'll also be featuring some new music from Indonesian fusion guitarist, Dewa Budjana, entitled Surya Namaskar, which includes a rhythm section composed of fretless bassist  Jimmy Johnson and Vinnie Colaiuta (Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck), along with a guest spot from Gary Husband on synthesizer!

      We'll top it off with a tribute to classic English proggers Gnidrolog (think Jethro Tull meets VdGG) and their intensely awesome debut, In Spite of Harry's Toenail, as well as some classic tracks from French Zeuhl-ites, Zao, RPI legends Osanna, The Muffins, Gentle Giant, and much, much more!

      Lastly, on Saturday, March 29th, I will be making a special guest appearance on United in Prog With DJ Tony on houseofprog.com at 1 pm EST, 10 am Pacific, 6 PM UK, and 7 PM CEST.  The show will be roughly two hours and I have selected about half of the setlist.  My selections include tracks by King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Cardiacs, Gosta Berlings Saga, Chrome Hoof, and more!

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts is a forward thinking, live radio show that promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.

      Stream live here: http://www.streamlicensing.com/play/player.php?sid=1855&stream_id=3143

      Chat link: http://www.progrock.com/chat.htm

      Stream Last Week's Show Here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-29/

      4-7 pm - US West Timezone (California)
      5-8 pm - US Mountain (Colorado)
      6-9 pm - US Central Standard
      7-10 pm - US Eastern Timezone (NYC, Florida)
      10 pm - 1 pm - Brazil
      11 pm - 2 am - UK
      1 am - 5 am - France, Italy, Netherlands, Egypt
      8 am - 12 am - Japan, Korea

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003

      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts
      Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProgRockDeepCut

      Last Week's Setlist:
      PROG ROCK DEEP CUTS WITH IAN BEABOUT WEEK #29
      1. Tziidall Raszhisst - Koenji Hyakkei (Angherr Shisspa)
      2. The Barbarian - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer (Emerson, Lake, and Palmer)
      3. Island - Gösta Berlings Saga (Glue Works)
      4. Kevlar Sweethearts - Diablo Swing Orchestra (Pandora's Piñata)
      5. 21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson (Live at the Marquee, 1971)
      6. The Boys in the Band - Gentle Giant (Octopus)

      From the Featured Album, Lucid by Matt Stevens
      7. Unsettled
      8. The Other Side
      9. Oxymoron

      10. The Sushi Bar - Happy Family (Toscco)
      11. Generale - Premiata Forneria Marconi (Per un Amico)

      From the Featured Album, Roxy by Proxy by Frank Zappa and the Mothers
      12. Penguin in Bondage
      13. T'mershi Duween
      14. Dog Meat
      15. RDNZL
      16. Encore: King Kong / Chunga's Revenge / Mr. Green Genes
      17. Village of the Sun
      18. Echidna's Arf (Of You)
      19. Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?
      20. Cheepnis - Percussion Only
      21. Cheepnis

      Hour 3 - BY REQUEST
      22. Eskaton - Eskaton (Eskaton)
      23. Sista Somrar - Änglagård (Epilog)
      24. "Iss" Lansei Doa - Magma (Mythes et Legendes, Epok I)
      25. Laahustaja - Höyry-kone (Huono Parturi)
      26. Ersatz - Present (Le Poison Qui Rend Fou)
      27. Killer - Van der Graaf Generator (H to He Who Am the Only One)
      28. Firth of Fifth - Genesis (Selling England by the Pound)
      29. Puppet Show - Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (In Glorious Times)
      30. Gravitá 9,81 - Arti & Mestieri (First Live in Japan)

      31. Les voleurs d'Ombre - Univers Zero (Phosphorescent Dreams)