28091Re: [ProgAndOther] San Fermin - My favorite new band from 2013

  • Noah Lesgold
    Feb 20, 2014
      On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Roy DeRousse wrote:

      > Filling in for the album's singers sounds like a difficult job to me,
      > given the vocal parts! Glad to hear that these singers are up to the
      > task. Maybe they're the same ones that I've seen on some of the
      > videos that you've linked to?

      Yeah, seems like at least the vocalists have been consistent for the
      touring band; I think the current guitarist was not with them on the
      last tour, and I am not sure about the horn players.

      Allen Tate, the male vocalist, is the same guy who's on the album;
      apparently he and the composer/keyboardist were friends in college, and
      had a group together called Get The Girl which I haven't been able to
      find much other information about.

      > I haven't heard one note by them so far. I'll approach them with an
      > open mind and let you know what I think.

      Please do.

      >> Anyway, I can definitely recommend San Fermin to anyone who is going to
      >> be visited by them sometime soon. It was a real treat.
      >
      > You've made me even more excited for tomorrow's show than I already was.
      > Thanks again!

      Hooray! I'm excited on your behalf - I'd love to see them again
      sometime.

      --
      Noah Lesgold
      nlesgold@...

      "Allowing people to talk to each other over the internet is generally a
      bad idea." --Christopher C. Livingson
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic