28090No Deep Cuts Tonight

  • Ian Beabout
    Feb 20, 2014
      Hello everyone,

      There will be no Prog Rock Deep Cuts tonight. Deep Cuts will return next Thursday, February 27th, 7-10 PM EST on progrock.com.

      The next episode will feature the new record from Univers Zero entitled "Phosphorescent Dreams", as well as Atomic Ape's "Swarm" - a heavy instrumental record with influences in Eastern folk music, jazz, and hard rock. Additionally, we will be continuing our new 'In the Vinyl Vein' feature with Gong's "Flying Teapot" and much more.

      There will be a subsequent mailing next Thursday containing all of the gory details, but I wanted to get the word out about the cancellation. In the meantime, please enjoy this stream of last week's Deep Cuts (which featured the new Djam Karet), available for a limited time here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-25/.

      If you want to receive instant updates via Mixcloud, you can get an account on mixcloud.com (absolutely free) and follow the show's account here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/.  This will allow you to be notified when a new episode is added. Additionally, you can also get the mixcloud app on your smart phone, which allows you to stream Deep Cuts anywhere ... I've even hooked it up to a car stereo for travel!

      In the meantime, I want to thank everyone who has tuned into Deep Cuts.  With the aid of the chat room, we have built up a nice little community that I am extremely proud of and grateful for. This, above all, makes Deep Cuts worthwhile and I hope to continue to see it grow upon our return next Thursday.

      That's all for now. See you next week!