28079Hockey trash talk (everyone else can safely ignore)

    Feb 7 3:51 AM

      > Man, possibly excepting Connor McDavid, it's hard to imagine anyone

      > in the modern era living up to that billing.

      I admit, I had to use Google to find out who that was.  The question now is how will the league find a way to make sure he ends up in Pittsburgh?

      > It's true, though, it's hard to
      > imagine a goalie there exceeding expectations after being discarded and
      > winning the Vezina trophy while his former team buys out the long-term
      > contract on the goalie they traded two of their best players to make cap
      > space for OH WAIT.

      Granted, the Flyers management strategy of "throw money at it" hasn't worked out nearly as well as "tank hard until we get Mario Lemieux, and then once he retires stink for several more years until the league hands us another superstar on a silver platter and the state builds us a new arena because we threatened to move to Kansas City".

      I was trying to figure out some clever way to work in the Pengins' 0-39-3 record in Philadelphia between 1974 and 1989, but couldn't come up with anything.